The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I remember seeing someplace it was like 54. Which is kind of insane.

It’s 59 … 19 Democrats and 40 Republicans in the House vacating their seats (though some are running for other offices.) Full breakdown here.

He gone, Friday his last day. Also, this:

Yeah, bad word choice, Gov.

Yep. This has been the rumor since he was originally elected, that there’s some really bad revelations in the dark money that funded his campaign.

Not to deny that, but at this point what could be so bad that it would actually matter. We have a chief executive who is basically running an unprecedented corruption racket and pay for play scheme, and it hardly registers.

Unless he has a bunch of hush money payments, or (more likely) one of his big donors absolutely does not want you to see the man behind the curtain and called to inform Greitens he needed to resign

His money supply completely dried up in the last week with allegations that he was funneling political contributions to his charity, which has its own dubious bookkeeping practices. And the dark money went skittering for the cracks under the fridge when investigators turned the light in the kitchen on by demanding he turn over those names.

He thought he could survive the loss of the GOP establishment in Missouri. But he couldn’t survive the loss of the GOP establishment and the sources of his funding to channel into his legal defense.

Ok, yeah I haven’t been following the story too closely, but that sounds about right. As the saying goes, follow the money. And the money does not wish to be followed.

How likely are they to pursue investigation into those funding sources now, with his resignation? Will they pull back, or do recent revelations mean that investigations, and potential criminal charges, will continue apace?

Good question, and I don’t really know. I mean, they’re going to appoint a special prosecutor still, I’d imagine.

I’ve heard that this resignation is Greitens’ attempt to call off the dogs.

I’ve also heard that it won’t stop the investigations that are pending or in the works, regardless, and that he’s in hot water.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SparklingForkedInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

Gentlemen, i don’t think i can handle this shit that much longer.

It’s every fucking day non stop.

In Greiten’s press conference he claims he’s the victim in all this. What a grade A scumbag.

Nah - he was trying to handle it like Trump would, but flopped miserably. Giving him even a D- in Scumbaggery 101 would be a gift.

This guy is not technically a part of the GOP, but I didn’t know where else to put this.

WTF though? Seriously.

Heh, ya, I saw that story too. At first I assumed it was a GOP guy, but for once, nope, just some independent.

Was going to post that as well. He is the definition of a current day Republican.

Asked whether there was a “grain of truth” in his essay about father-daughter incest and another about raping his ex-wife repeatedly, he said yes, offering that plenty of women have rape fantasies.

I think he overlooked the fantasy part. Dear lord. This person isn’t actually getting support is he?

And no, that’s not even the worst of what he says.

He got 2% of the vote last time he ran, so there doesn’t seem to be any risk of him actually winning anything, but I don’t like that he even feels emboldened enough to come out of the shadows. I imagine this round of publicity will cause him a fair amount of trouble, though. Cops aren’t fans of admitted pedos.

There are a surprising number of people that don’t think the emergence of Nazis in the streets, guys like this in the open, and more people just shouting at strangers in public as a… problem.

Yeah but before we judge him, what are his opinions on tax cuts?

/s