The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

These people read a VERY different version of the bible I did.

The right version has the satanic jews from space.

Well the old testament God was a right bastard, but he wasnt an anti Semite. Treated Job pretty shitty though.

Old testament God is pretty damn racist. Fuck those Canaanites, amirite?

Let’s not forget the race riots, 159 in the Summer of 1967 alone. There were 2-3 Ferguson size riots a week, they injuried 2100 and killed at least 85, that’s a lot more deadly than mass shooting are.

Between Vietnam, race riots , and the hippies/counter culture movement there was definitely concerns about a civil war.

Those were mostly… adults right though? I mean the gross thing now is within these mass shootings are kids, literal kids, killing other kids.

Don’t get me wrong, loss of life is bad, but there is something especially gross about these school shootings, and I say that knowing there has been violence in various schools in parts of the country for sometime.

School’s out for the summer, so those shootings won’t kick back up until the fall.

Punch him in South Carolina.

Oh, wait…

Kids shooting kids is something I don’t remember happening back then. Even with just 4 networks I am sure it would have been major news.

But the race riots are something people forget. I have heard talk about how bad race relations are now, well, Ferguson was a small blip on a 60’s and 70’s race riot. And today’s police response is nothing compared to the response from authority back then.

I think it was stories of the National Guard in a New Jersey city that shocked me. I don’t think the American public knew what was going on then.

Most rioters were teenager or young adults so I assume most of the injuries and deaths were from the same group. I do remember one especially tragic story from IIRC, they Watts Riots where local grocery owner tried to protect his store from the looting they killed him, torched the place and the two kids who lived above the store died in the fire.

“It’s not my fault that my supporters are racist”

Pretty much this.

imagehttps://i.imgur.com/eWnO9MQ.png

Wow, that GOP tweet thread is LIT UP with fantastic responses. I can’t understand how any Republican who is the lease bit uncomfortable with where their party has been heading recently could read that tweet and those responses and not think “Fuck this, I’m staying home for the next couple of elections to send a message to my party”.

Yeah. No dogs and fire hoses. Yet.

In 2018, maybe we can get Boston Dynamics robo-dogs with integrated water cannons! They’ll just wait for the racist dog whistle to leap into action.

You say this as if someone isn’t already thinking about it. A billion years ago, at a protest in college (against our university’s investments in then-apartheid S Africa), I started talking with a mounted cop. He told me that they considered one mounted officer worth 50 on foot for crowd control. Horses intimidate people. Can you imagine the multiplier for giant robot dogs?

Probably be a few years before the tech is ready, though.

But then we’ll send pigs into the police lines and their giant mounts, already tired from the journey over the Alps, will flee in confusion at seeing naked, squealing versions of their riders rushing toward them!

Pig Cavalry? Dude… you setting up an alliance with the orcs? ;)