The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

There might not be a more wretched hive of scum and villainy fitting for this guy than the Vatican https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/11/newt-gingrich-says-youre-welcome/570832/

Since then, Gingrich has spent much of the day using zoo animals to teach me about politics and human affairs. In the reptile room, I learn that the evolutionary stability of the crocodile (“Ninety million years, and they haven’t changed much”) illustrates the folly of pursuing change for its own sake: “If you’re doing something right, keep doing it.”

Hey, at least he’s not a Creationist…

I’m pretty sure bringing a gun to a rally with the President at it is a great way to end up in a room with some annoyed Secret Service agents.

In pretty sure it’s moot, because they never let anyone with weapons into any of those GOP rallies, despite their talk. They always make everyone go through metal detectors.

They threw his doggie bag? That sucks.

I am fine with this.

I am so fine with this.

Yeah, 12 months ago, I would have probably been more on the side of “that is in poor taste” but fuck it, they are actively making our lives hell, so I think we can do the same.

Fuck this guy and his leftover food. Small price to pay for all the money he’s made being the GOP’s shitstain presence in the Senate.

With the GOP going full authoritarian, having a doggy bag thrown out the door is going to seem positively quaint unless they start to pull back from the abyss.

People are this angry… while the economy is red hot. I don’t really want to see what happens when we hit a recession and the Republicans step up voter suppression.

EDIT: We also live in an era where the President of the United States openly mocks people with disability, victims of sexual assault, and praises the battery of journalists by members of Congress. Throwing a doggy bag isn’t exactly an outlier in today’s lack of decorum, is it?

Neo Nazis protestors literally murdered people.

Countdown until

I voted early this week. Yay me.

There was one other guy there and he asked me if I was voting for ‘good old Steve King’ (lol no), or if I was ‘one of the resistance’.

Yikes. What was that, again? The resistance?

You could’ve just said you were a patriot. By which I mean, not a member of a GOP.

I didn’t say anything at all.

Probably for the best!

What kind of shit person asks a random stranger walking out a polling place who they voted for? That’s just insane.

Good for you for just staying quiet.

Yea, we should totally make it impossible for republicans and their minions to lead normal lives in public. That is the strategy that will lead to victory. I see nothing negative about that. Ever. I mean how could that be a negative?