The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Socrates hated the sophists, but at least they tried!

Ancient politics was like a smarmy grin from a slick lawyer with greasy hair closing a case. Modern politics is like a smarmy grin from a jock who hit nerds until they did his homework.

… all we are is dust in the wind, dude.

I apologize in advance for the next six years of me getting Alabama’s likely next senator confused with Rudy Ray Moore.

IMG_0547

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is the part where historically the people would get ropes and pitchforks.

“You gotta look at the big picture. I tell youse that I can guarantee your taxes won’t go up, and then you talk to this guy and I gotta tell him I guarantee his taxes won’t go up, and then he tells his sister and I gotta guarantee her taxes won’t go up. And then where will I be? Huh? Smart guy?”

I’m looking forward to the windfall. Kitchen reno, woo.

I’m retiring early and building an orphanage… woohoo!!

What the fuck.

Man, that’s a fine car I’ll be buying with that $1000!

Oh, c’mon - let’s be fair; it’s $1000 AND the cost of avocado toast.

I’d love to know who renovated Gary Cohn’s kitchen for $1000. Then, I’d like the number for that contractor.

I mean, his kitchen cost several million dollars to remodel. But you know, those poors, they don’t need as much money to remodel the dirt-hovels they live in. It’s more than enough to buy some of those luxurious refrigerators and microwaves.

No one in this administration has any idea how normal people earn money, or what the value of a dollar is.

They are universally a group of obscenely rich douchebags who inherited massive amounts of money and really never had to work for it. They are entirely out of touch with normal people.

Come on guys. No regular American cares about the President’s taxes! Focus on the crumbs they’re trying to hand out!

Shit. That tweet buried the lede.

The former Goldman Sachs CEO said families earning $100,000 with two children would save about $1,000 under the tax plan.

“If we allow a family to keep another $1,000 of their income, what does that mean? They can renovate their kitchen, they can buy a new car, they can take a family vacation, they can increase their lifestyle,” he said.

It’s the GWB tax cuts all over again, but being sold less competently. Now, if he had said “The federal government will cut you a check for $1,000”, people would be lining up for it without realizing they’re being robbed blind.

The average family actually only earns like 75k.
The median family only earns around 50k.

Again, these folks have no idea how anything works.

It’s like that absurd WSJ article that bashed the ACA by highlighting how “average” people making hundreds of thousands of dollars would be paying more in taxes.

This just makes me angry.

He should have said that the family could buy a decked out console of their choice. PS4 or Xbox One, your choice!