The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Splitting the current US along red/blue lines is a terrible idea from purely geopolitical perspective. Red America would be an extremely dangerous neighbor for Blue America and would be a very serious danger to world stability. Think about it: the #2 military and #3 economy in the world, controlled by an electorate that would vote for Trump by something like 80% to 15%. A nuclear power with a huge deficit, an economy weaker than it used to be in Combined America, inability to pay for basic services, and a huge hatred of the Evile Libruls in the neighboring Blue America. Really, what are the odds of any stable peaceful situation?

We have to give up this pipe dream of somehow shedding the backwards states and gullible voters of the Trump Bloc. The racist, idiotic chunk of the American electorate, just like the 3/5 Compromise in the Constitution, is the Original Sin of the US - it’s part of us and sadly, it’s our burden as reality based Americans to bear that weight. I don’t like it, but just imagine how much worse every major event of the last 17 years would have been without the balancing and mitigating force of Blue America. I mean, it sucks for us US liberals b/c we are basically functioning as the world’s “crumple zone” to defend against the trainwreck of the Trump Bloc, but it’s better than everybody getting smashed by the train.

Very good points, and while I agree with you we have some really big problems to overcome:

1. The 1%, who fund the minority who now control most of the government (state and national)
  2. A brainwashed electorate willfully and actively ignoring reality and who are beyond reason
  3. An archaic and broken political system that enables 1 and 2 above.
  4. A mainstream media that contorts itself into pretzels normalizing the rightwing with “bothsidesism” and “whataboutism.”

Kelly may be getting fed up, going by recent reports. If that’s true, say hello to nuclear winter. Fuck all the people who support this turd.

Yep. Can’t be said enough.
Remember the IRS scandal targeting conservative groups?
Fake scandal. Surprise (not)

Do you want to doom folks like me to hell?

You gave them Colorado. This is unacceptable. New Mexico ain’t on board either.

I mean, shit. If Blue America kept Colorado, at least I’d have a chance to escape across the border. Don’t hang me out to dry, @inactive_user. :(

#NoLiberalLeftBehind

The South is a waste of land and resources, but @Sharpe’s got a reasonable point about leaving this shithole with nukes and debt all on its own without any parental supervision from the parts of the country that don’t suck shit. The real trick is to slowly strangle the electoral influence of the South until it has no more voice in national politics.

Lying, Cheating and Hypocritical GOP Congressman with anger issues will not seek re-election after being exposed as Lying, Cheating, Hypocritical and having anger issues. Film at 11. Actually, no film at 11 because absolutely no one is surprised or shocked by this news.

“I never said I was anti-abortion!” - says Tim Murphy, a leading member of the House Pro-Life Caucus who voted just this past Tuesday to ban abortions after 20-weeks after encouraging the married woman he was having an affair with have an abortion earlier this year during a pregnancy scare.

You just can’t make this shit up.

A dead girl, a live boy, or a potentially aborted hypothetical fetus.

Trump could get caught with all three, and it wouldn’t budge his base.

Ha, yes he does seem to be even more scandal-proof than good ol’ Edwin Edwards. Though it may be worth pointing out that Edwards did end up going to jail …

Draining the swamp like a winner! “Conservatives” sure are emptying the government piggyback pretty quickly.

Other than sub bases in CT, WA, and HI, I don’t think the blue states have any nukes. Not actually much of a military either. As Sharpe says this is really bad idea cause Jesusland takes out US of Canada in the first couple of years, and probably sends the blue state city folks to re-education camps in the country.

Well they’d have most of the naval ones and some bombs in the Air Force, but yeah. All the silos are in red states and a good chunk of naval and air bases are as well. This is assuming we count Virginia as blue, which is probably fair these days.

But then they put maintenance of the nukes in control of someone like Rick Perry.

Whoops.

This is so stupid. I mean, he sounds like an asshole, but who cares if he asked a woman to have an abortion? Or had an affair.

Pro tip: don’t be an asshole.

His militantly anti-abortion constituents.