The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Per Fox News I imagine.

MLK Day is another day where the Feds take it off (along with banks and USPS) but many people work. It was common with the carpenters union to trade holidays so that they could have more 3-4 day weekends.

Yeah, it won’t be a hard sell

“You don’t want a day off for the Veterans?” (also voting)

One could also argue that there is no better way to honor our veterans and the sacrifices they have made than by exercising our democratic rights

Here’s one bit of what’s going around the conservative apologist network with response to McConnell’s “power grab” anti-voting rhetoric (from FB comments):

There should be a whole holiday culture around it. Democracy Day! With Democracy carols, Democracy nog, Democracy cards, and late night parties with sexy Abraham Lincoln costumes.

We’re a Protestant nation, sir. Kindly take your frivolity back 'cross the Seas from whence it came.

But leave the sexy Lincoln costume

And the nog. We could all use some good nog.

I will have to be clearer in the future.

Happy Democracy Day! May the gerrymandering be ever in your party’s favor!

I like McConnell’s casual admission here that the Republicans have destroyed democracy.

Maybe he did air quotes around “restore democracy.”

Or, hey, maybe he’s doing air quotes around his entire political career.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/10/in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/?utm_term=.905f87da02ea

Half the GOP are full-on traitors.

-spit take-
I LOL’d, thanks!

I’m sure there will be widespread calls for my future toilet to step down from his party.

How about that photo of McConnell shitting on the Constitution?

… By which I mean, every single photo of him at work.

He’s had his sphincter surgically altered to ensure the spray pattern leaves the important parts* unmolested when doing so, though.

* The 2nd Amendment and nothing else