The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

Negotiator’s Dilemma.

Dang, I thought it was a “Notre Dame” build, where you ran around in a football uniform shouting “Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!” at the bad guys.

Man. My regular coop partner and I (he’s also my brother ;) ) were farming for a Bullet King for him. He has watched me with it and really lusted for one. You can get it as a drop from the final boss at the Tombs or Wall Street. Since we had struggled so hard on the final battle in Wall Street back when we did it as part of the first Manhunt in NYC, we stuck with the Tombs. Problem is, we could blow through most of that mission but the last battle takes forever due to it’s setup, with all the decoys, etc.

So, a few people said Wall Street is faster for farming and with great reluctance we said, OK, we will try it. Even though the first time we played it a few months ago it took us probably 7 tries to beat it, getting swarmed, etc. and when we did beat it, it was by the skin of our teeth. This time we decided to use a Skill build that I’d been working on optimizing, and he decided to switch from his DPS build to this skill build.

We got through all of the battles leading up to the last room, looked at each other like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in their last scene in the movie, and said, OK, here goes nothing. Ran into the little circular area with an ammo crate and grenade crate, ducked down, put out our skills, and when the lights went back up…

Our skills shredded the three big yellow bad guys. As in, we just threw a few grenades and watched them melt. It was over in about two minutes. We were shocked when it said mission complete. No exotic, so we tried again. Thinking that must have been a fluke. Tried again, same result.

Over two nights we played it about 9 times, and the last time, he said “I see an exotic!” and got his BK. But I think we’ve got a very powerful build now (for at least through Challenging level.)

I’ve hit SHD level 588 and got all the non-raid and non-PvP exotics. Pretty much the only thing left for me is to get the NYC Hunter masks and I’m not sure I feel like doing that or grinding 400 more SHD levels. Too many collectibles to collect and I’m not touching commendations.

Im actually surprised that the commendations havent just happened in the normal course of your play given how much you seem to.

They do I have a long list I haven’t redeemed. I don’t intentionally work on finishing/starting them as that would trigger my OCD to finish them relentlessly.

I logged in yesterday for the first time in a while (been playing Fallout '76 a lot) and after a bit of adjustment to the controls (muscle memory gets messed up with different games!) had fun taking a control point and poking around. I also was somehow designated the clan commander, due I suppose to the previous commander not logging in in a while and me logging in at just the right (wrong?) moment. Heh.

I do love the combat and stuff in the game, though I doubt I would ever have the patience to hit the Shield levels some of you folks hit.

I got bored and drifted away from the game again. Currently around SHD lvl 400 with like 9 different builds farmed. Endlessly farming Heroic missions just got boring, and they don’t create a ton of incentive to spend much time in New York once the story content is done.

It’s also getting a little difficult to find groups for missions depending on the time of day and the mission, and Massive apparently don’t intend to add full crossplay to the game because it’s a lot of work.

Season 2 might drag me back for bit, unless it’s just more of the same from Season 1.

How any game can launch in in latter years without x-play is beyond me.

I suspect there’s a bit of lag time between available tech and the development cycle for games, in that by the time a game is live and out in the wild, there are tech things available that seem normal to many but which were not around or not feasible when the game was at a stage where such things could easily have been implemented. At least, that’s a thought I had. I always assume developers are not stupid, and that decisions usually have rational explanations. Doesn’t make them the right decisions, of course!

SHD level 615 now.

Believe Final Fantasy XIV (mmo) had x-play already in 2015, but think that is the only game that had it for a long time.

The latest game I know to introduce it is Call of Duty Modern Warfare BR Edition something something.

Need For Speed Heat just got cross play added, as did No Man’s Sky.

So, yeah, it’s probably not as easy as it looks. Not only that, but PC multiplayer is always subject to more hacking and cheating than console play, so x-play in any competitive PvP setting is really problematic. Even though consoles now are hardware-equivalent or better than most PCs, there are also still games where adjusting for the differences between controller and M+KB can be tough, too, I guess.

As an aside, I was poking around in the game this evening, not wanting to start anything serious and not quite ready for bed. Decided to try Viewpoint Museum on Hard as part of the Manhunt. I freakin’ hate that mission. Finally quit in disgust after dying several times on the final stage where you have the three EMP emitters on a timer and then have to kill Wade. Maybe my reflexes and control memory isn’t what it was when I was playing this more often, but for whatever reason, I sucked balls and simply wasn’t getting it done. Bah.

Is that the one on the roof? If so, I found that to be as hard as anything in the base game solo.

PSA:

Before they patch it on Tuesday, you can easily acquire the sticky EMP that’s at the end of the loong manhunt simply by killing Jupiter as part of a group that someone else starts, who has acquired the mission legitimately. An easy way to get your alts, friends or clan mates the skill.

Yeah. I’ve done it quite a few times, and each time I hate it.

legendary is so much cheese. 100x hitpoints, we have to shoot them and kite back 3 rooms to funnel through a hallway and snipe.

just did my first legendary, took an hour with random matchmade and no VOIP just text chat.

No chceckpoints when group does so you start over.

Finished all 3 Legendary missions (Capitol Building, Roosevelt Island, District Union Arena) and the exotic Bighorn didn’t drop. Finished my White Tusk outfit and I’m basically done the game except for the Dark Hours raid and upcoming raid. Since I don’t raid or have a clan that does, that’s it.

Would be nice if Division content that was supposed to be challenging actually involved mechanics instead of just adding a multiplier to health and damage output.

Bullet sponges is the worst thing in the game.