The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

How is that NOT racism ?! People can be in groups that are the targets of racism and yet themselves be biased towards others.

Here’s how the OED defines it:

Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

Soooooooo racists?

None of the groups they are against are a particular racial or ethnic group, rather a particular sex or religion. I guess I’d say more accurately they aren’t White Supremacy.

Let’s put it this way when I saw the CNN interview the leader of the group and I saw he was black, my mouth dropped and immediately started Googling to see what the hell was going on. Did you know?

Huh. How about that. Who knew bigotry in the alt-right had such a big umbrella?

-Tom

So, they support BLM then? Or have no problems with it I would guess?

lol

What’s the deal with the anti jerking off? Is it some kind of depletion of vital bodily fluids thing?

Obligatory Dr. Strangelove reference here.

Ha ha – yes, that crossed my mind, along with Nietzsche.

You forgot to mention that all members have to accept that Western Caucasians are the superior race.

So they’re basically Nazis, but not somehow racist with all that? It’s like the dude claiming he has this one black friend and that doesn’t make him racist. Proud Boys are racists who allow a few other races in to claim they’re not racist and hold some kind of holy ground.

They’re racist.

For instance. Trump brings token black people into his administration just to claim he’s not racist, but he’s racist as fuck.

There’s this whole weird confluence between the various alt-right groups, existing white supremacist paramilitary cosplayers, 4chan trolls, reddit MRAs/incels/redpillers, and the usual “disaffected low-education, unmarried men with too much testosterone and too little to live for” crowd that gets sucked into extremist movements, and the various philosophies and memes and movements have just kinda merged into a roiling sphere of white-hot insanity and hatred. I’m sure there’s a harrowing Atlantic 20-pager that goes into more detail on it, but the whole no-nut-to-up-your-t-levels, we-are-stronger-than-sexual-urges-and-women-are-garbage-temptresses thing has been building up on weirdo internet communities for awhile and kinda got absorbed by these dudes, as far as I can tell.

You’re spot on.

That’s a great summary. Thanks for clarifying that for me. The sad thing is I don’t see any way to diminish those movements. It’s easier to blame some conspiracy for your unhappy station in life than do the hard work to change things.

It’s one of those things I wonder if UBI might have an impact on, but it’s mostly the product, like, from a broad sociological standpoint, of toxic masculinity and institutional sexism/patriarchy. Men in most patriarchal societies might be seen as the de facto superiors to women, but nonetheless need to compete with one another for limited resources and showcase strength and prowess, usually in the most pitifully stereotypical ways imaginable. In addition to physical violence and sexual prowess, however, modern society has added the interesting wrinkle of financial success as measurement of manhood. If you can’t provide, you’re a beta cuck, and of course those loathsome gold digging [insert unsavory slur for women] will choose the Rich Alpha Chads over you. Not that you need their weak willed approval of course! Yadda yadda.

With their self worth so bound up in arbitrary, primitive valuations, the bitterness and subsequent slide into increasingly socially maladaptive behavior (which, of course, only further isolates and limits them) is all but inevitable for a lot of these dudes, and the cycle continues. The internet and especially social media’s capacity to perfectly winnow down and hyper categorize these groups and enable them to seek each other out and amp each other up is so much more efficient for recruitment than, like, preaching about 40 virgins to your tiny contingent of local faithful or repping your sick Nazi tats at the bar on weekends.

So that’s a good explanation for a lot of the men who join these movements. There seem to be plenty of crazy women who flock to them also.

They are only alarmed as they think it could cost them votes/power/$$$. Thus far, they have been wrong. It’s not a moral qualm (in other words, the moral corruption is still 100% there).

These dudes never whack off and women won’t go near them… I think I’ve figured out the source of their anger.

At last.

Edit: Oh, I guess he has pending felony charges for other stuff already, so one more for the pile. Maybe something will stick someday.

Can somebody jail these two idiots? BLM protesters get tear-gassed, beaten, thrown to the ground, and arrested for peaceably assembling, and these clowns repeatedly violate the law and get their wrists not even slapped, but tickled.

Good for Jacob. It would be so easy to give up after so many failures, but I really believe he can make prison yet, despite being white with a rich dad. Godspeed.