The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

+1. Also, along with his hearty enjoyment of most other foods, Christie apparently very much likes his sour grapes.

ā€œHeā€™s surrounded by other grifters and unconvicted felons but he kicked me out! Whatā€™s with that?ā€

Presumably the solution is to surround Trump with professional, strong, convicted felons.

Well, then he really would be just like Putin.

One of the more evil things the White House tried to do. This is pretty big if it stands.

I gotta think the Supreme Court will overturn this-- it is really detailed oversight by the Judiciary of Executive internal processes. On judicial restraint grounds, I suspect it will be overturned.

On the merits, itā€™s a good decision. It may well be reversed by SCOTUS, but not on legal grounds.

So, any idea of why this guy just resigned?

If I recall correctly, there was a recent story about kickbacks from pharma companies to doctors for opioid prescriptions. He was involved in limiting federal oversight on that stuff, so my guess is his name was/is about to come up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/investigations/dea-drug-industry-congress/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1e43578be360

The chief advocate of the law that hobbled the DEA was Rep. Tom Marino, a Pennsylvania Republican who is now President Trumpā€™s nominee to become the nationā€™s next drug czar. Marino spent years trying to move the law through Congress.

Spoiler:He withdrew from consideration as Drug Czar after the story came out.

Grifters, all the way down.

Amen to that (and thatā€™s the article I was thinking of - thanks, @gruntled)

That dude is my congressman. Heā€™s a dick.

Iā€™m glad Marino is gone, but now we gotta pay for a special election, and weā€™re probably just gonna elect another dickhead.

Guess all that taxpayer-funded extra security couldnā€™t save her from karma.

But how do they feel about those generously buttered noodles, sprinkled with just a quarter cup of parsley for color and freshness, that are the perfect blank canvas for practically any stew or braise? How do people from Georgia feel about that?

The noodles is not a funny thing.

It totally is. You are just jelly that you didnā€™t do it first.