The I'm drunk thread

Sitting in a sports bar at this Dominican resort. Booze was supposed to be limited but no one here seems to want my vouchers… which is fine by me. I’m not a big drinker so trying a bunch of different things. A few cocktails deep, starting a piña colada plus the beer with dinner. Gonna sleep real well tonight.

Highly buzzed sitting in the couch and I salute you, sir!

Drink tequila!

It’s Thursday, I have off tomorrow and so does the missus. We’re grilling out, singing some good tunes and enjoying ourselves. Cheers to any of you partaking this evening.

First lab day of WWDC checked off. Disasters averted. No fires back at the office.

Five drinks at haberdasher and I feel fine.

Tomorrow will be a repeat most likely.

Hopefully you are pulling through today. I’m off to a work conference next week and will be pulling the same routine as I’ll be with a younger coworker. God help us all.

Coffee is my friend this morning.

The wife just went out for Wendy’s. I’m watching Greg Proops savage Trump on Whose Line.

It is a good evening. More drink!

Edit: It’s funny. I keep looking for a place to plug in an apostrophe in the word Whose. And Aisha Tyler is really cute.

A song:

I have a ball
I can not throw

A picture of
Who? I don’t know

There is a plant
That will not grow

And a song
That plays to slow

I think I’m dead
But it don’t show

Think I may join ya. The SO is all into her dramas this evening. It’s time for one.

Watching the new Crank Yankers and drinking vodka.

Honestly?

It’s isn’t as good as the original. But I’m willing to see if it gets better.

I need some white wine. Might need to get some.

Just had some! Might need to get some more…

I’m kicking off Saturday night here. Just finished a hardcore Subnautica run after doing some errands and chores today. It’s a balmy 55 degrees out. Time to warm up a little.

Cheers!

Maker’s Mark and Grand Marnier mixed over ice after mowing the lawn on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Probably the last mowing of the year. Nostalgic already for summer. Enjoying the warmth of the sun and the bourbon on the deck after, transitioning to the fireplace in the study, bringing the bottles with me.

Looking back on a day of running around the yard, scooping up my offspring, ducking under the trees and giggling. Planning out improvements to the yard. Stuggling with the lawn mower when it pooped out in the front yard and the ensuing mechanical battle.

Now, Babylon 5 on TV and Deleen just got her hair and Tron arrived.

Goodnight, have a fun work week everyone! Try not to take it so seriously.

I’ve nearly forgotten the pain but satisfaction and nostalgia for mowing. My current community has lawn care as part of the HOA fees. It’s -awesome-. But as summer winds down, so do my visits to the lake and boating and just enjoying that time away from everything.

Fall brings its own joys but I always miss summer when it’s gone, despite bitching about the heat and humidity when it’s here.

Cheers man, enjoy your week.

I live in Texas - there’s no nostalgia for summer, only fear. Fear that summer will last too long (it was 88 here yesterday) and fear it will return too soon.

Winter for Texas is a pause to catch your breath before the chain gang foreman pulls you back into the line again.

Vodka and club soda with a dash of bitters says: You live in Texas and can’t handle the weather? Come on down to Florida. Spend some time here. It will toughen you up. Then go back to to Texas and relax. :)

I hate when it gets cold here. It even hits the 30s at night. For a few days.

Vanilla vodka and pumpkin beer for me tonight!

An IPA for me tonight. I guess we are blessed here in NC. We have roughly 3 months of humidity hell with the temps. Heat is easy. Heat and humidity, no thank you.