The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

If you think Tommy is insufferable now…

Tommy also: claims to have done music for EWJ1

If the Roblox people got the sound from a public-domain CD (as they claimed in the teeny tiny pic above) why would they bother giving Tommy the time of day? Why not tell him to pound sand? Something doesn’t add up here.

Apparently they don’t have the sources CD or receipt on file still.m

Isn’t the teeny tiny pic clickable for you?

Sheesh. My story is that my father was the president of the local bank in my tiny town, and the town pharmacist (this was in the late 80s/early 90s, before there was a CVS every two blocks) came to him talking about, no kidding, the Nigerian Prince who needed some money to secure his family fortune, etc. etc. Even back then this was a known scam, and my father was well aware of it, and told the pharmacist in no uncertain terms that it was a scam, a well known scam, and that he should run away screaming.

Upshot: Greed is a hell of a drug. He went ahead and sent the guy some amount of thousands of dollars, even after being told by what would be considered the local authority on the subject that it was an absolute, balls-obvious, well-known scam.

It is. I just thought I would mention it was teeny!

Did your father rub it in his face after?

Naw, small town, you have to be careful to maintain relationships.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

These are the kind of stupid people that would believe in Ivermectin and not take vaccines.

The naysayers having a victory lap celebrating destroying confidence in the Amico? How delusional! In don’t think it’s the naysayers who destroyed that confidence.

They’ll blame anyone and anything except the incompetents who are actually responsible.

I could easily be wrong of course, and I haven’t actually studied it, but those look like they were all (or mostly) written by the same person, just looking at the writing style for instance.

You might be right. The blurred names all look similar except for the top most one on the right column.

I think there aren’t even tens or dozens of diehard Amico adherents but maybe ten altogether in total. I have to wonder with incredulity: WHY?

I think it’s tied into why there are true believers in conspiracy theories. They are willing to suspend disbelief / rationality to believe that this could really be true because they think it’s cool that they’re among the true believers who really know what’s up.

Also: people are dumb and getting dumber.

Speaking of people getting dumber and dumber:

TWENTY firmware engineers is just a preposterous number to lie about for a premade Android set top box. The level of delusion and cluelessness about the industry is off the charts.

probably have at least 20!

I would think he would know the exact number, what they were getting paid, and even their names and credentials… or at least I believe I would want to know details to that level on something I was designing and putting my name behind. It just never ends what we keep learning about this “project”.

Even if it weren’t a standard box, 20 firmware engineers sounds excessive.

Does Microsoft and Sony even have 20 firmware engineers working on their consoles total?