The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

It’s rained so much here the lawn services can’t keep up. I’m not joking. On the flip side, my tomatoes and herbs are growing so fast I think they will be trees at some point.

Be safe in that stuff @Gendal . Here’s hoping your neighborhood doesn’t get touched.

It’s still only 40% containment but they lifted all the evacuations so they must be feeling pretty confident. Smoke is all gone so it must be just minor spot fires in the area.

We got lucky the wind was blowing in the direction it was. It started right up against 2 neighborhoods and Soka university but the wind rapidly pushed it away towards Laguna Beach which gave the firefighters enough time to halt it.

dude 🚭

If it were legal, sure. Right now I have to pretend my basil, oregano, and thyme are like, just as good, ya know man? I don’t want the PoPo bearing down on me and crashing my buzz, bro.

Dave’s not here man.

Well we’re about to get a lovely little heat wave here in Southern California. 90s near the coast (where I live), well above 100 inland. Good times.

Spoke with my mom yesterday, she said it was hitting triple digits in Arkansas. That’s just one reason I left the Deep South behind.

Heh. Welcome to the rest of the country. So good of you to join us. :)

Except in this case it’s reaching all the way to the Great Lakes. But climate change is a lie.

Yikes! Like most Southern Californians, I ignore weather anywhere else. ;) Sorry to hear y’all are being hit too.

Then let me qualify my statement to say, one reason why I left the Deep South for the PNW.

Yeah, this sucks, it’s gonna hit 80 on Thursday.

Oh crap! I may need to fire up the air conditioner! … oh wait.

Seriously? ours has been running off and on for weeks. Not even kidding.

We have a lot of windows, all single-pane. House can get pretty warm when it’s sunny, even if it’s 60 degrees outside.

I don’t own one! We open all the windows and turn on all the fans, just like all the other hippies.

I figured. One of the first things we did when we bought a house up here was put one in. When you grow up in Florida, you kind of become dependent on it.

Hey, I was born and raised in Louisiana dude, I know all about the virtues of AC. But seems to me there’s really only a couple of weeks that things get really ugly hot out here, and I haven’t been able to justify buying AC yet. My wife thinks we should though.

Solid 90s down here since mid June. Counting humidity the heat index is in the 100s lately.

Going to hit 100 this week, and a genius house guest somehow jammed an office chair into the ceiling fan of my office/computer room, whilst spinning at full speed. Time to move the office downstairs, I guess.

No matter how many times I read this…

I know, right? Trust me, I was there (and took a ceiling fan blade to the head for my trouble) and I still am having trouble processing it.

Was your houseguest, in fact, a super genius, and had only attached the rockets to your office chair in order to reach the velocity necessary to catch that damnable, delicious bird?