The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Wow. WA looks to be taking the brunt of that.

Jeez, now I’m thinking I should buy wood in case we lose power.

Seems a wise precaution.

Remember to save your own urine in bottles, it can be very useful in disinfecting cuts and scrapes.

Also, stock up on wolf repellant. I know from playing lots of survival games it’s always the wolves that get you.

The best finds are always canned cat and dog food.

Also for clearing up toenail fungus.

Make sure you have stone and iron ore as well, as you’ll never be able to build anything better than the most basic stuff on the tech tree without them.

Seriously though, stay safe man. Sounds like a great weekend to start a new game!

As a follow-up, it sounds like the fall didn’t kill that student. She was likely doomed prior to that. Pulmonary embolism thew a clot in her lung. According to her friend, she faltered behind and then collapsed.

aaaw. So she died and then fell or was dying. That’s still so sad, but thank you for the upate.

Today:

We don’t get hurricanes. So there’s that.

Would I need to buy a new coat to keep the Paducah off of me? We don’t get that here.

I swung by Costco last night to check something out. It was like Black Friday. Parking lot stuffed. Large lines everywhere.

The Seattle reddit is full of photos like this
489 votes and 62 comments so far on Reddit

People in Seattle really like Broccoli.

They really do.

Fun fact: the Seattle Supersonics got their name from the high velocity farts the city is infamous for.

If I lived in that area I would stockpile too. That amount of snow will shut everything down.

Oddly enough stockpiling happens here in New England too even though it would take a major (like many many, many many) feet of snow to shut everything down.

It’s a natural human response, people take it as an opportunity to buy unhealthy comfort food they love.

Like… broccoli?

Pacific northwest, my dude. They’re weird.