The Netflix TV Show Thread

If I were a betting man, it’d bet that you’d find that a very small percentage of this site’s registered users create a vast majority of its threads. That is to say, lots of people like to participate, but way fewer like to start conversations.

In a better more orderly world this thread would basically just be a collection on links to individual threads for various Netflix TV shows. Functionally like an index I guess?
ie
“Hey, stumbled on this TV show on Netflix and enjoyed it - here’s the thread.”

Though I suspect we’re all just too lazy to basically double post (here & new thread) when initiating a conversation about a show. Even more so if all we wanna say is: “Eh, the show was meh?”

There’s a reason all threads on QT3 tend towards food.

While I don’t disagree, new threads don’t equal conversation. I started a thread about the movie CODA and it got like one post.

This is a great idea. That way it gets the individual thread, as well as a recommendation in a more general thread that people are more likely to read without having watched it yet. I’ll try to do that with my recommendations from now on.

Nailed it.

It is true that my center of gravity seems to be my belly. All flows to the hungry maw!

Not a TV show, but the Netflix documentary Count Me In was very entertaining and we enjoyed that there were nearly as many women drummers as men featured.

The joy of drumming really came through, and the videos of some of these folks as little kids getting their first drum kit for Christmas were charming.

Now, I don’t want to work I just want to bang on the drum all day!

Wife and I just finished four seasons of Turn this past week and were looking for something new. So we’re starting Peaky Blinders tonight: season one, episode one!

Man, you are in for a treat.

Let us know what you think!

Cillian Murphy is so good. The whole cast is, but his eyes…I could get lost in them. Superb show.

Schumacher documentary dropped. Oof! The last twenty minutes made it impossible to stay dry-eyed.

I highly recommend it if you have even a passing interest.

Well, here’s a purchase I was not expecting.

The deal extends a relationship between the two companies that began in 2018 with an initial pact that gave the streamer access to 16 titles for animation adaptations. To date, projects put into motion include Taika Waititi and Phil Johnston’s upcoming series based on the world of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory , and an adaptation of Matilda The Musical with Sony and Working Title.

Netflix said today it was eyeing the creation of a universe of projects based on Dahl properties across animated and live action films and TV, publishing, games, immersive experiences, live theatre, and consumer products.

Sounds like a smart move to me. Dahl has a huge fan base.

Looking forward to the My Uncle Oswald series!

No no no. No need.

I have no interest in LoL, but as someone interesting in animation, I feel I will be obligated to watch this, because the art is incredible

This one could be decently funny? Maybe?

Have anyone watched this? It seems another ‘death game’, which part of my brain makes my eyes roll, but another part of my brain says ‘oh yeah, it looks fun!’

But I guess we have a thread for this already… which of course we do, because its Sandman by Neal Gaiman, and this is QT3.

We have a thread for Squid Game:

As far as Arcane goes, it looked to me like the same art direction they use for League of Legends (the video game) animations. Turns out that Yup, it’s a video game tie-in series:

I got this far, and said “Oh, that’s Jinx. Got it, not just the same style, but the same subject.”