THE NFL 2017 Season

And yet they shared the field with the very model of how to do both. All that is needed is to suck on the field and to suck at drafting. Easy. As the Browns show - suck badly enough at drafting and the on-field part just follows naturally.

Not to stir the bees but I saw this and thought of this thread:

Even when the Patriots lose we can be entertained by Angry Belichick

The Rodgers has been cleared for takeoff.

Bill at his most loquacious.

Today is going okay after losing @CAR last week.

Thomas Davis might get suspended for that hit on Adams. Would be deserved.

Rams flat out embarrassing Seahawks in pretty much every possible way.

I was really hoping Gurley dropped to where Detroit could grab him, when he was drafted. Smart pick by the Rams. The kid is looking like a real winner at RB.

They look like they could easily be scary good for the next several years, at the very least.

Holy shit that Patriots game.

The Browns have won one game within the time span of three Star Wars movie releases.

Steelers give it away by bad play calling with the ball and four minutes on the clock, Patriots give it away by bad defense, referees give it back on one of the worst calls of the year.

I don’t get that call at all. He caught the ball and took it to the ground–his knee was clearly down. That should end the “catch” part of the play. The next move, to stretch forward, was a “football” move, and should essentially be considered a completely new play. It is NOT a part of the catch and taking the ball to the ground at all. The only reason he’s not down as soon as his knee hits the ground is that nobody touched him, but that should still be the end of the catch.

This explains the call

Yeah, it seems pretty consistent with how they’ve been calling the catch rule. I hate the Pats but it looks like the right call here.

The catch rules are incredibly stupid, yes. Vikings got boned against Carolina last week on the same thing.

Yeah. My impression was: stupid rule, correctly applied. It was consistent with other infuriating calls I’ve seen in the past.

In which I led the entire season in my fantasy league, only to lose in my first playoff round (after a bye) because the Texans defense sucks balls, and the rest of my team being absolutely the wrong players at the wrong time. Fuck.

Things like this are why I stopped after last year’s perfect season. It’ll never happen again, went out on toppy-top-top.