The Outer Worlds - Obsidian's Fallout New Vegas in Space

It certainly has regional pricing for my country (Norway), where everything is much more expensive than the US store prices. But maybe there are not regional pricing for all countries?

Maybe it doesn’t trust me with the country I’ve chosen till I’ve bought something even though I gave it my card credentials. When I set my country to Belarus (which is the real one) it says Age of Empires 2 DE costs $19.99 (in USD, it doesn’t know about my country currency), same for Russia. When I switch to Norsk bokmål (Norge) it says 204 kr, which is Swedish equvalent of $20. But it’s just 199 kr for Sweden (Svenska), so unless it’s really different currency it does seem to have regional pricing, it just doesn’t care for some countries. They care enough to have a unique pricing for Norway and Sweden but not Russia. Huh.

I just watched this video and I liked it. I wonder how valuable health regen will be, since they showed lowering Temperament to below average stopped it from happening. The main part of character creation is pretty qualitative, not quantitative, so I dunno how important 2 HP per second would be.

I hope it’s not too buggy on launch!

I have to admit I’m pretty hyped for this. I’m even looking forward to it even if it turns out to have lots of jank and lots of bugs. I generally advance very slowly in games, so if they have the first 10 hours relatively bug-free, that should give them a few months to iron out the bugs before I get to them.

“If”? It’s an Obsidian game. There will be bugs.

Dungeon Siege 3 disproves that rule! :)

I’m shocked to say this, but I suspect I’ll still be enjoying Disco Elysium (of all titles) this time next week plus I’ve got other games in my backlog to play (I’m also doing a second play through of Mankind Divided I’m enjoying the hell out of). This weekend is packed full of real life activity with my son home from college, so I don’t expect I’ll get time to make much dent in any progress, all of which is a long way of saying there isn’t any way I’ll have time to get into The Outer Worlds (which at one point was right behind Planetfall as my most anticipated 2019) at launch. Which feels odd. But there it is. I hope it gets great reveiws, and a few early hot fix patches, as I still plan to get into it well before mid-November.

This game is actually one of the reasons (of many) that I avoided other recent releases like Disco Elysium.

I was literally saying this in my head as I looked at that graphic!

At $59.99 this will have to wait.

Excited to give this a go, gamepass ftw!

Those particular games were also Xbox Play Anywhere games, so getting access to them through Xbox Game Pass (for console) also gave you access to them on PC. But yeah, they were exceptions, not the rule, so I could see why it wouldn’t be as appealing for PC-only gamers not to jump on Game Pass just for the Play Anywhere games.

I’m also holding off on Disco Elysium for this game. But I do plan to hit the disco on my way back.

Yeah my biggest Gamepass decision is Xbox or PC since it’s included on both.

Please be good ist my sentiment. Super excited for a new Obsidian game, I hope they still got it.

They haven’t been gone long (or at all?).

Yes, but the team changed and Microsoft bought them. Hence my careful expectation management for myself.

I had a 15% discount coupon… Maybe it was 16%. At any rate that was enough incentive to get me to pre-order this. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it isn’t a completely buggy mess at launch.

I also hope I actually get some time to play Disco Elysium some more, and that Pathfinder:Kingmaker run I started, and… Etc. etc. all this dang 9-to-5 work on the weekdays is getting in the way of my fun.

I haven’t watched any other people play this, so going in blind with the GiantBomb team was great.

I want to know more about finger-guns girl. She seems cool.