The Playstation 4

Apparently besides not being able to buy PSP, PS Vita and PS3 games from the webstore, they’re also going to be getting rid of the Wishlist feature on the webstore?

Man, that one is going to suck. That’s how I used to track what games that I’m interested are actually on sale. I don’t want to wade through their pages and pages of games on sale to find the ones I want.

Hopefully they’re replacing it with a more functional wishlist. I’d like to be able to send a link to family for gift list purposes, for example.

I don’t understand why Amazon has had this feature for years and so many others don’t. But hey, gifting people things is still a PIA from many stores, digital or otherwise.

It’s amazing how awful all the console webstores are. Sony’s is probably the worst though.

Yeah, I’m hoping the PS5’s store will be less horrible.

Is it just me, or do you guys also have problems looking at pictures and watching videos in a game’s store page on PS4? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t!

Can anyone log into the PSN website? It just won’t let me in. I even reset my password to a new one in case I was entering the wrong one. But no, the new password won’t let me log in either.

Hmmm, it won’t let me remote play my own PS4 either:

I did check the actual PS4 login is still working, but that doesn’t help me much. Hopefully they’ll get this sorted soon today. I wanted to play more Bloodborne.

I had no issues logging in recently although I am 5 hours late after you tried.

So I know of 4 people in the last week who’s PS online profile was hacked and CC info exploited. Is this a “thing” PS people? Like something that is picking up lately?

Do you know if they had 2 step authentication on?

2 of the 4. The others I can’t offer info.

I haven’t experienced anything and neither have immediate family and friends (they usually tell me these things). Having said that… I still think there is breach out there somewhere. I know Barnes & Noble released their our bad e-mail recently, but I think there is another one. I’ve had to provide new passwords, and those sites are not giving me a reason why.

Interesting…

I mean if you go to a website, you log in, and they instantly ask you for a new password… that’s not normal, at least outside of work it isn’t. I still have 90 day crap on work accounts from vendors, but personal, almost never. I’ve had to do that for a few recently, and one of those is… Amazon. And I know at least one other person who had that with Amazon too like a day after I complained about it. And there were a couple others.

None of those made me believe anyone tried to actually access my account though. My 2 steps usually trigger for that.

Yeah, it makes me suspicious that there was a large data hosting hack.

I turn on 2 step on almost every account that offers it to me but because where I work, we’re attacked all the time, I know there are ways around that so constantly reminders are sent out to us about being careful.

I hate that companies can sit on this kind of thing, and when they do reveal the punishment for lax behavior or policies or even systems is so light it seems hardly a deterent.

Or… it could could just be issues with a few accounts with the people you know and me. I don’t know how we can know, but I would think if PSN was compromised on the wide scale… well I don’t know any business that can keep gamers from talking pretty much everywhere when we’re unhappy.

Yeah the two dudes that I know about in detail are very computer/Internet savvy and had two factor on. They both discovered it because of charges appearing. One was traveling and had his whole bank account emptied out.

Are you saying he had his debit card on PSN or did he get his banking information stolen some other way? I don’t buy a lot on Playstation store these days, but I kind of thought they asked for cards not direct links to accounts.

Debit card.

Eeeh. Ouch. That’s terrible.

It was back on when I tried it around noon Central time. Thankfully. I have had lots of Bloodborne time in today. Phew. I had no idea my remote play capability was tied to PSN being up and running until today.