The PS4 Pro is out.

It’s not. A dark warm place with easily access to the inside, i wonder why makes a PS4 attract bugs.

Let’s see if Google can find anymore articles just like it. heh, of cousre it can.

The main thing though… roaches are not in your house or your apartment because of your console… time to get rid of those things.

My sisters old computer back in roughly 2003/2004… had a spiders nest in it. It shorted out one day and when we opened that case… webs everywhere.

Shouldn’t have left out: via Kotaku (sorry) (edit, damn you mobile, what Nesrie said)

The claim (apparently made by a Manhattan independent console repair shop) is:

Most consoles lie horizontally in dark or enclosed areas, like media centers, so they’re pretty welcoming to the little critters. Roaches make their way into Xbox Ones sometimes, too. Console repairmen tend to get more PS4s in than Xbox Ones in part because there are more PS4s out there, but according to independent console repairmen interviewed, the PS4 also has the most to offer as a roach hotel.

The PS4’s design accommodates roaches better than other consoles’ because its ventilation grates are wider. Those vents are located at the bottom of the console, so roaches can get in with ease. Also, according to repair professionals, the PS4’s insides gets hotter than the Xbox One’s because of its internal power supply. Warm, in an enclosed space and close to the floor, PS4s are great roach nesting grounds.

I thought it would be deadly hot in there for bugs, but I guess it’s true that cockroaches are hard to kill?

The developers of A Way Out (who also made the excellent Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons) has taken some shots at the PS4 Pro, claiming it’s holding games back like a 5-year old PC.

“Do you want the honest truth? This machine, [the PS4 Pro], is not so strong as you think,” Fares says. “This is like a five-year-old PC. If consoles were as powerful as PCs are today, you would see all different games. Most of the work developers put out there is to make them work on consoles.”

I can see his point, but I thought the biggest bottleneck for gaming was the incredibly expensive cost to create attractive art assets?

They should love Xbox One X which will make the pro look like this:

Are we expecting a PS4 Pro price drop or sale any time soon?

Sony needs to come up with a PS4 Pro Pro soon.

2 PRO 4 U

Extreme!!!

Bullshit. Performance improvements don’t enable new gameplay types. Mass Effect: Andromeda could have been a PS2 game with the same gameplay just terrible graphics. Superhot could have run on PS2 pretty much unchanged beyond resolution.

I mean, I agree that the PS4 Pro is not a very powerful console compared to state of the art PC hardware. Like I’ve been saying this whole time, the PS4 is the first truly 1080p-capable console, that’s all. XboneX will be a great deal closer to PC-- and XboneX games won’t offer new gameplay due to its performance either.

I completely agree with you - I just don’t want people attributing that quote with me. :)

Sorry, fixed.

The ‘[the PS4 Pro]’ bit in this article seemed dodgy. And indeed the original Engadget interview does not mention that console being Pro at all. They just call it a PS4, which would make a lot more sense:

Some of the other paraphrasing in this PC Games N article is also off, when comparing to the original article. So I think it’s just clickbait.

3d games where hard to made before we had dedicated hardware for it

Rts games on my commodore 64 would have been hard to made

FMV games on my commodore 64

All 64 players games and mmos without netword cards

Vr games in a 386

And that’s exactly why I bought the PS4 Pro. I don’t even own a 4K TV, I just wanted to be able to play 1080p games at the best quality that I could on my existing television. I am perfectly happy with the results, and will continue to be in the years ahead.

That’s why I started out at the PS2/Xbox generation and spoke about performance improvements rather than new capabilities. 3D acceleration was a huge deal, enabling new gameplay, but I would argue it was new capability, not just faster chips. Motion control and VR enabled new gameplay too. None of these transformative technologies were straight-up performance improvements.

Considering PS4 exclusives still look better than the typical PC exclusive I’m not seeing it. Most big PC games target low specs anyways, look at LoL or most Blizzard games.

Nintendo keeps coming up with new gameplay on hardware most would call “old” by comparison. See ARMS and Splatoon… All modern PCs allow is for more realistic graphics at higher resolutions which usually aren’t used to create any sort of new gameplay, just more realistic people and places.

Yep. I wish more developers would develop games within the parameters they already have (games look amazing guys, they don’t need to look more amazing at this point) and just focus on great gameplay.

The last time I can clearly recall performance impacting gameplay was the first Assassin’s Creed, where it enabled them to make crowded urban areas where the player had to blend in. In the end that was pretty minor, much more set dressing than gameplay. Certainly nothing like the gameplay enabled by using a plastic guitar to play Rock Band, for example.

Well if we’re just wishing, I wish developers would do both. Don’t stubbornly ignore new tech or ever declare something is as good as it can possibly be, embrace technology and make your games look as good as you can. But don’t be beholden to it, don’t mistake impressive tech for fun or quality. If we’re just dreaming big, always pursue both. In the real world, resources are going to be limited, and I can’t tell anyone specifically how to make their game.