The XBOX One

Oh. Yeah, I figured that out on my own a while ago. On the day when I first tried streaming to Win 10, I think.

It’s weird. I’ve played a bunch of Xbox since the winter update went live, but I didn’t get any of the rare achievement pop-ups until I played through the CoD: Infinite Warfare campaign.

By the way, the Infinite Warfare campaign is surprisingly great. Highly recommended - especially if you can grab a relatively cheap copy right now. I have no interest in multiplayer or zombies so I’ll be selling it soon, but i"m happy I played the campaign. The pure spectacle is pretty amazing and they thoroughly made use of the far-future setting.

But anyway there are 9 optional missions you can play grouped into two different types (4 of one, 5 of the other). You get an achievement for completing each type of optional mission, yet both popped up as rare for me - I guess most players just don’t care about them?

Some fun stats:

• 6% of people completed one type of optional mission
  • 7% of people completed the other type of optional mission
  • 12% of people completed the campaign
  • 39% of people started the campaign (!!)

Now, you say, “most people just buy it for multiplayer”. But do they? Because only 22% of people unlocked the achievement for “Win 5 online matches in multiplayer”.

So, like, are people buying the game and playing it on their account once, but never again??

I don’t understand how other people are playing some of these games. I played Overwatch for about a week before getting hopelessly bored of it back at release, only to play it again for the first time in six months or so a couple days ago. Within my first three matches I managed to pick up two Rare Achievements for completely inane things (like blocking some paltry amount of party damage and something else that seemed simple at the time).

How can only 8% of players be doing these things? I got a bunch of 1-2% rares in the Titanfall 2 campaign too, but it was the first week of release and easily attributable to that. But Overwatch had been out since May.

Well, this sucks if you thought you had to buy the remasters to play the old games on the new console.

The remaster’s definitely improved, though, particularly the original BioShock, which has much better textures and the “director’s commentary” videos strewn about. BioShock 2 is mostly better lighting and safety from being tempted to play the multiplayer, and Infinite, being more recent, just looks a little sharper.

Box bullet point!

I was thinking I had no interest in these but when I think about it, I never played the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite, heard that was pretty good.

Free copy of Lost Odyssey for Xbox (BC on XB1) if you claim it before the end of the year.

22gb for a 360 game. Wow. I mean, sure XB1 games are much larger today, but this seems huge for the era.

If I remember correctly it was four discs. I never did finish the game - maybe this will motivate me.

I bought this for 360. It sucked. I tried to trade it in later at Gamestop and they wouldn’t even take it. True story.

Give us Tales of Vesperia.

I enjoyed the first 3 discs a lot. The short stories about our immortal hero were really well written, and emotional core of the story was really solid. Plus I enjoyed the turn-based combat. So much better than other JRPG methods like MMO combat in FFXII and Xenoblade, etc. I’d put it behind Final Fantasy X and Chronotrigger as my third favorite JRPG.

Ok serious question time. My son, who is almost 5, has been watching Minecraft videos on Youtube obsessively. He started with Hobbykids, and those obnoxious assholes (seriously I hate Hobbykids they act like spazzes and my son mimics them) started playing Minecraft earlier this year, which led him to StampyCat. I like StampyCat, his videos are entertaining and wholesome. Hobbykids can die in a fire.

So we took him to Santa a few weeks ago for Christmas card pictures. Santa says what do you want little boy, he says “Xbox One with Minecraft and Minecraft Storymode so I can make worlds like the Mario worlds with StampyCat and play in my own room so dada doesn’t play Overwatch when I need to play Minecraft.”

And I’m all wat

Like a good dad I got him the Xbox One S Minecraft edition and a TV to put in his bedroom. It comes with a code instead of a disc. So, my question, how do I set up the Xbox Live accounts? He’ll want his own account, because I can’t let him use mine then we couldn’t both be on Xbox at the same time. If he signed in on the new one with my account I’d be kicked off the old one.

I can set up family sharing, but as far as I can tell that only applies to 1 console. So any games on my account won’t work on his account on his new Xbox, because my Home console is downstairs. I have a few games he likes to play, like Jet Set Radio.

Whats my best approach here? The goal is he can play any of the digital games I own in his bedroom on the new console. Is that even possible?

I should have bought everything on disc.

Setting his console as the “Home” console for your account should make it so that any account can play the games you bought digitally on that console. And you can play the games you bought digitally on your other Xbox whenever you’re logged in and online.

I don’t know anything about family accounts and such, so I’m no help there.

That’s what I came up with too. I was hoping someone would chime in with some super secret way to flag an account as a child account, which would share licenses. Like if I made an account against the same email address, but it would have separate gamertag, parental restrictions, etc but share the purchases.

You should definitely create a family account, because it’s really convenient to let you manage the specific rights and restrictions (including game age rating restrictions) of your child’s account from the console or online.

MS has done away with the family Gold subscription which I really liked. So I’m not sure whether family members share Gold privileges while you are subscribed yourself or not.

But the family account doesn’t do anything about game sharing.

If you have 2 Xboxes, I’d go with the solution above. That will let your son play games from your library too.

Wendelius

Bully: Scholarship Edition and Catherine were added to backwards compatibility. Yay! Bully has been on my backlog for a while. I got stuck in Catherine at one point on one of the sliding puzzles, but I was loving the whole weird vibe of the story up to that point and always meant to go back.

That’s harsh. But I second Tales Of Vesperia.

(I wanted to love Lost Odyssey but the combat was just painfully slow and the random encounters too abundant, more so than Skies Of Arcadia. Why can’t every JRPG’s combat be as brisk as Phantasy Star IV’s? Still, it was a decent game with some good ideas, but it could have been so much better.)

I really liked Bully.

Holy crap. An Xbox one S and a TV for a 4 year old?