The XBOX One

You should play Arkham City next. The story is excellent, and the boss battles are very interesting compared to the game you played. And the ending is very important to the next game in the series, Arkham Knight, so be sure to play it all the way through. And just ignore all the riddler puzzles that you can’t easily solve.

Edit: Arkham City is part of the sale too, though it’s more expensive. “Return to Arkham” has Arkham Asylum and Arkham City on Xbox One for $30 during this sale. And Arkham Knight, the third game in the series, is $10.

I picked this up last time it was on sale. Very low-key, at least at the beginning where I stalled out.

Awesome, thanks. 👍

Aw man, the Destiny Complete for $26 was apparently a mistake, repriced at 40. That price does not tempt me.

Here’s mine. I did tweak it a little.

Did you sell your copy or something?

Lent it to a friend since I was getting kind of tired of it, feel like kind of a jerk asking for it back. Especially if I can get a cheap digital copy.

bundled with CoD IW - Legacy for $76 brings it to $16…

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/call-of-duty-iw-legacy-destiny-the-collection-bundle/bwwgv367q7m4

Is Destiny/DLC still hostile against solo players, not allowing PUG raids etc?

Huh, I wonder if I want all those? Might be fun to run through Modern Warfare again but I don’t know much about Infinite Warfare.

The strikes (3 player instances) match up pretty quick, but I never had any luck with the Raids. Haven’t tried the new Group tools on xBox yet however. There is a new area in Rise of Iron which lots of players will camp for the battles.

Okay, thanks for info. 👍

Modern Warfare is the only Xbox game where I have a perfect 1,000 gamerscore, mainly because it’s purely single-player achievements. Had to earn that the hard way, too; playing the nuclear silo on hardcore was brutal.

I cheated an added the mouse in the middle since I play as much on PC as Xbox. :)

You got Mile High Club? Daaaaamn. I did the game on veteran but never got that.

I had never heard Ryan Treit sound SO excited as when he got the Mile High achievement when we were recording the Insider Moves tip show about that one. He’s not acting during the opening dialogue. :)

Here’s how to do it:

I miss those days…

Hey other Xboxers, wondering if you can help me with a couple purchasing decisions. I had some credit and bought The Witness for extra cheap since it’s on sale. So now what I’m trying to figure out is whether to get Firewatch on Xbox or Steam. I had heard it performs poorly on Xbox, is I guess my main concern, and looks like it’s selling for $11.99 on both platforms. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Second, I notice Gat Out of Hell is selling for $3.75, which is essentially nothing. Would I, as a dude who is moderately amused by the Saints Row franchise but not as totally in love with the games as most seem to be around here, get some fun out of this?

I haven’t played Firewatch yet, so I can’t help there. I’m wondering the same thing myself about platforms. I’m more tempted by Xbox since it’s the same price + achievements! But I hadn’t heard about performance problems.

I haven’t played Gat out of Hell yet (though I own it on PC since it launched, and on Xbox One), because I was hoping to go through SR IV again. I love that game so much. Saints Row was okay, nothing special. Saints Row 2 I thought was pretty cool in co-op, but nowhere near as good as GTA IV (which came out around the same time). Saints Row 3 I only played through the start, it never captured me. Though I keep meaning to go back. Saints Row 4 though? That’s my jam. One of the best games ever for me. The villain in that has got to be my favorite villain of all time. It’s not even close. And I so love the game because of him.

Of course, Gat out of Hell won’t have him as a villain, so I’m also wondering if I’ll like the game as much as SR IV. Probably not.

Gat out of Hell is okay, but just barely. It’s probably the ugliest Saints Row game, which is saying something, I think. It’s the red skies, red neon piping, red flames, red accents on assets, red, red, red (you get the picture) combined with all pedestrian NPCs being the same “lost soul” model. It’s monotonous looking. The gliding mechanic is pretty neat. The district takeover stuff is okay. You play Kinsey or Gat at all times, so there isn’t much in the way of customization. I guess $4 is worth it just for the goofing around.

Good timing for the question on Firewatch.

I played it on PC when it came out earlier this year, but the only PC I currently have is an Alienware Alpha which doesn’t have the best GPU. The game ran fine on it, but a little hitchy.

I love the game so much though so I re-bought it on Xbox One during this holiday sale, and played through it again last night. Still wonderful, but the Xbox One version was definitely the worse experience despite the lower-powered Alienware Alpha. The game still looks beautiful thanks to the art design, but it performs pretty terribly - maybe 20-25fps average, with a lot of 0fps split-second hitches as the engine (unity) streams in new stuff.

For the type of game it doesn’t really matter at all since there’s no need for twitch reflexes or anything, so I still easily played through the whole thing with no issues, but it’s definitely not the best performing game. But if you have a choice, PC is the way to go.