The XBOX One

“hey, we swept out the 2K warehouse and look what we found”

Evolve is actually pretty cool if the teams are somewhat balanced. I liked the free trial, but I couldn’t convince any friends to check it out. Looking forward to playing it with a big multiplayer community.

Heard good things about Layers of Fear. Can be finished in an afternoon.

They changed the achievements rarity thing to show decimals. Killer Instinct’s say only 1 in ~450 people finished the Shadow Lords mode. 1 in ~5000 have finished it without dying or managed to pull off a win vs superpowered Gargos.

Gears of War was surprising:

Whatever it is in Gears 4 - 0.03%
Seriously 3.0 - 0.45% (Crazy. I was sure it’d be 0.01%)
Seriously 2.0 - 1.9% (100,000 kills)
Seriously - 1.21% (10,000 versus kills)

Requested to be added!

Gamertag is UnshavenWolf267

Really. I was dumb and don’t want to pay to change it.

Xbox One Game Pass announced.

[quote]Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give you more options to diversify and expand your library of games with Xbox Game Pass, a new gaming subscription service coming later this spring. Xbox Game Pass gives you unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and backward compatible Xbox 360 games – all for $9.99 per month.
Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/28/introducing-xbox-game-pass/#8y6vbXAW6GYeuhx0.99[/quote]

The idea has potential.

I like this part from the above link:

[quote]One of the best things about Xbox Game Pass is that you can discover and download the full titles directly on your Xbox One. That means continuous, full-fidelity gameplay without having to worry about streaming, bandwidth or connectivity issues. In addition, all Xbox One games in the catalog – and related add-ons – will be available to purchase at an exclusive discount for Xbox Game Pass members, so you can make the games you love part of your permanent library to play whenever you want. Every month new games will cycle into the subscription with some cycling out, giving you a constantly-updating library of games. Xbox Game Pass is your ticket to endless play.
[/quote]

We’ll just have to see how good their library is from month to month. I like the discounted option to buy too. But let’s say one month they get a game I really want to try out, $10 for a month is much cheaper than renting a game from Gamefly for a month, or RedBox for more than 3 days.

This sounds way better than Playstation Now. I hope it forces Sony to respond.

Probably older titles only and very limited selection. You won’t be playing Sea of Thieves day one with it, that’s for sure. The problem is you can pick up these older games cheaply, so not sure if I see value in this.

On an unrelated Xbox One topic, the sale on Xbox One games this week is soooooo tempting. I know I passed up getting Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 on Black Friday for $27 each, and now they are cheaper finally:

Titanfall 2 - $24
Battlefield 1 - $30

Or, if you want them both:
Battlefield 1-Titanfall 2 deluxe bundle - $49.50 (deluxe editions of both games)

Other games I had my eye on:

Firewatch - $10
INSIDE - $13.39
Overcooked - $11.04
Oxenfree - $10
The Flame and the Flood - $10
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst - $8
PvZ: Garden Warfare 2 - $8

I’ve seen a lot of names worse than UnshavenWolf :)

I’ll definitely try subscribing to that. Halo 5, Fable 3, Mad Max and Megaman Legacy (all pictured preview games) are games I’ve been interested in, but not sure if I’d enjoy enough to purchase. Renting with a discount if I want to buy them sounds great.

Buried in the faq…

FWIW, I really enjoyed Titanfall 2, Firewatch and INSIDE (3 extremely different games though).

This looks like EA Access but with multiple publishers.

Edit: well after reading more it’s not exactly like. Not sure how well the rotating list will go. I could see someone DL a game, be part way through and then the new month comes and the game disappears on them. At least with EAs service the games stay.

So is this a first step toward killing Games With Gold? :-/

Well, at the very least, $9.99 is a pretty good price for people to tear through the Halo 5 SP campaign, then immediately unsubscribe.

Huh, I was just about ready to pull the trigger on EA Access and now this. Need to see an initial lineup to make a decision. Would suck if this is supposed to replace GwG though.

It should replace Xbox Live Gold entirely. Multiplayer should be free, not bundled with pack-ins to make it palatable. It’s fucking 2017, y’all.

I agree with that, but I suspect you’ll still pay to play online AND have to pay for this service if you want the games. :(

That is definitely accurate. I said “should”.

I doubt GwG is going anywhere. This is a pretty clear shot at Playstation Now if you see this line from the press release:

Dropping GwG would give Sony a free marketing bullet point that they already rode hard last gen.

Dude, I’ve had ten years to reconcile myself to paying for XBL. That ship has sailed.

PS Now is $8.33/month, but it’s only PS3 games, right? This new Xbone service includes current-generation titles. That’s what makes it sexy.