The XBOX One

[quote]
Alan Wake will go on sale on the 13th at a 90% discount to allow for last-minute buyers to grab it.[/quote]

I thought that was just Steam, are you saying it will be 90% off on Xbox marketplace also?

Supposed to be 90% off on Steam, Windows Store, and Xbox digital stores from the 13th to the 15th.

Edit: Just got clarification. The 90% off is only on Steam for now. Remedy hasn’t been able to confirm a discount on Xbox or Windows Store.

Ok sweet!

Also for what the heck, saw this link posted over on NeoGaf and thought it was interesting. Stats on Xbox One ownership.

Incidentally, I used to be Microsoft Research! Go team!

Very interesting

Yeah, there seems to be no Alan Wake sale on Xbox. But the DLCs The Writer and The Signal are both free at the moment.

I did not know this. That blows. The only way I purchase stuff on the Live store is by buying Microsoft Points elsewhere. It’s too dangerous to keep a valid credit card on Xbox Live. There’s no way to cancel things like Xbox Live and EA Access, so keeping an invalid card on file is the only way to ensure you’re not charged for those things when they happen to expire.

So basically I can’t get anything in the backwards compatibility sale coming up. Good to know.

You can use PayPal unless you don’t want to store a credit card there either.

You can turn auto renew off for both Xbox Live and EA Access.

On EA Access, back when it was up for renewal a few months ago, I tried to go into every menu I could find on the Xbox where it might allow me to change that, and couldn’t find a way. Then I went online to the Xbox website, and tried to find a way to do it there, and I just couldn’t find it anywhere.

I believe you. There might be a way to do so. They might even have added it after this happened to me, but if it was there, it was really hard to find. I tried to go into every preference menu I could find, even for things that normally you wouldn’t think have anything to do with it, but couldn’t find that setting anywhere.

It is under subscriptions. On xbox.com, go to the Microsoft account, then select the services and subscriptions tab. It will list the subscriptions you have had/have and the options to cancel, and to turn off auto renew are there.

They have changed exactly where to find the options on the website, but, it has always been under the billing.

On the Xbox itself, go to all settings, account, subscriptions. Select the one you want to change.

I had to find this to cancel ESO a year and a half ago.

Sitting here for 20 minutes waiting for my xbone to update so I can watch hbogo.

This is bullshit.

Are you in the preview program?

Unlikely. How do I get this pos to update on its own without me telling it to?

If you put it in Instant On mode instead of power saver mode it’ll automatically update at night.

I almost bit on the Capcom Arcade Collection for $1.24 then I noticed almost all of the games are in packs that must be purchased separately. The whole bundle is $24.99! Pretty sneaky, sis.

No, no. See, it’s called Capcom Arcade CABINET. You aren’t buying it for the three games that come bundled, you’re buying the virtual cabinet to put your Capcom Arcade game purchases INTO. Think of it like installing a version the Steam app on your Xbox, except this one costs money.

And don’t even worry about trying to buy only those games you want, they won’t run without the cabinet anyway, so you should totally want this thing.

Capcom is like the evil Nintendo. They’re totally coasting on the strength of their IP developed in the 80s and 90s. Instead of trying to make good things their fans want and consistently fucking up their supply chain (like Nintendo), they just tie their properties into bullshit digital money making schemes to try to be the next Zynga.

Thanks. I didn’t know about this option. On the payment screen, it just lets you use the credit card on file, or “add a new credit card”, where Paypal is not an option. But if you go under Microsoft Accounts, and then add a payment option there, that’s where it shows up.

I used that method to buy Orange Box ($5) and Portal 2 ($5).

Yes, I’ve played Portal 1 and 2 on PC, but I felt like replaying them both lately, and why not get achievements while I’m doing it?

It is in instant on mode. It’s also set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, whatever that means. The light on the front is always on. And when I use it, 90% of the time it’s in TV mode which means I don’t even turn on the xbox one controller. When I turn on my cable / tv, the xbox displays the TV without me doing a thing to it. Every day.

But it’s not automatically updating.