The XBOX One

I have a large gamer score. That’s really the reason.

Well I can understand that. It is part of the reason I stuck with Xbox this gen.

I have been playing Tiger Woods 2014 and Fifa Street on the 360 and the games look great, they certainly don’t feel like a step down graphically and certainly not in playability. My kids didn’t even notice except for the 360 controller.

They better launch it with Crackdown 3.

Cool!
FYI: System has 12GB ram total.

Hot damn I won’t have to buy a new PC next year I’ll just get a Scorpio!

So looks like all the extra 4GB of RAM for Scorpio is there for games.

I haven’t paid much attention to Scorpio. Will there be Xbox games exclusive to the Scorpio platform?

Maybe VR games. But not regular games AFAIK.

I didn’t want to put this in an E3 related topic but I have a question about upgrading to the Scorpio or One X (maybe I’ll call it an Xbonx).

So I’ve started a playthrough of The Witcher 3, and keep meaning to get back to it, but now that I know an enhanced patch for the game will be available for the new console I figure, well I’ll just wait for that. So - if I uninstall on my current console and then reinstall on the One X in the future, my game saves will still be available right? Since they’re in the cloud? Or should I be taking any precautionary steps to ensure this?

I doubt we’ll know the answer to that until it ships, but I’d guess cloud saves would transfer.

Ok fair enough, let me modify the question - if my current Xbox One died and I replaced it, would the saves be available to the replacement? I think they would, and I realize that doesn’t necessarily mean the One X would, but I’m trying to work out possibilities.

Cloud saves should always be available that way. That’s kinda the point! That said, I don’t have first hand experience with it on Xbox One so I don’t know for sure. I do know that on Steam I can play the same cloud save from multiple PCs. PS4 seems to work similarly when we’ve tried it.

I get that - I just don’t like to take things for granted. And I’ve never tried to access a save on a different Xbox. Though I could try testing that with a friend’s console …

Yeah, give it a shot. I hear you. Sometimes things don’t work the way you expect even though they’re marketed that way. The Steam implementation of cloud saves specifically seems really good. I have three PCs in the house that I play on, each with their own location and reason for existing. I can sit down at any of them and pick up where I left off if there are cloud saves.

That is the way it worked for me for other games. I played through a lot of Fallout 4 at launch when I rented the game. I then played it recently for a free play weekend, and even though the old save was not on my local hard drive anymore, when I fired up Fallout 4, I was continuing the game right where I left off all those many months ago, so the whole cloud save thing works pretty seamlessly.

Cloud saves on Xbox one are completely automatic. Yes it will just work.

And that will be the case with the new console? I guess I sound a little paranoid but I really don’t want to lose my Witcher save!

Yes, all saves are backed up to the MS cloud. I found that out the hard way after sending back 2 units for bad optical drives. All you have to do is reinstall/redownload your games.

Looking forward to unplugging my external drive from my XB1 and into an XBX, but I wonder if it will be that easy since one of the Scorpio upgrades is to hard drive access speed. Might end up shifting things around to the ‘fast’ drive.

Yes.5