The XBOX One

Man that first planet in KOTOR sucks. It’s mainly why I can’t get too excited to replay the game. Also, it seems like it takes forever to get a lightsaber and then when you do get one it feels like a whiffle ball bat.

Maybe KOTOR is best left to my memories.

Trantor? Whatever? Yes, everyone is a jerk, and I hate that dueling quest. And the underground of the city quest is even more annoying.

Of course after it and II, the franchise decided that plots and stories were for madmen and fools and everything became a slow slide until Swedish-produced lootbox sugar rush madness…, so…gotta eat some veggies before ice cream…

Looks like a pretty big pre-E3 Xbox sale starts this week. I haven’t gone through all the details yet, but here’s a link -

I’m still not sure what they mean by buying games through Mixer. I know someone mentioned that upthread as well. I guess if you’re watching the stream of a game, there must be an option to buy somewhere that I’ve never seen.

Yes it’s similar to twitch. Certain partnered streamers can sell games through their streaming site and retain a small percentage of the revenue.

Another $50 off that sale price + 3 free AAA games and purchasing that Xbox One X will be almost worth serious consideration.

Kinect adapter cables on ebay seem to be coming down in price. Only about $50 for a cable now. If that comes down some more, and XB1X comes down some more, I’d think of upgrading.

OTOH, maybe a Switch would be a better purchase than upgrading the Xbox. That way I’d have access to all 3 major consoles instead of just two.

The XB1X is a pretty significant increase in performance. And how many things do you use with the Kinect anyway? I don’t have one hooked up on any of my Xboxes.

As a WiiU owner that bought all the good stuff, the Switch has been a barren wasteland of games for me since I won’t be repurchasing all the same shit a second time and there’s been a dearth of original content worth buying.

I did skip the WiiU, so that won’t be an issue for me.

Just voice commands most of the time. But I always have this fantasy that once my son gets old enough, I want to play Dance Central with him.

Uhh, Mario Odyssey, Mario v Rabbids, Mario Tennis, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Plus Octopath Traveler and maybe Bayonetta 3 out this year.

Kinect is the one thing I still miss daily since I upgraded to the One X last year. MS really annoyed us all chez Wendelius by not manufacturing the adapter cable anymore.

But my launch One didn’t read discs very well anymore and the X is a very nice upgrade. Would be even better with Kinect though.

You can hook up a headset and use voice commands.

Heh. Not really. I usually have a squirming baby in my hands when I say “Xbox On”. “Xbox watch NBC”. “Xbox go to Plex”. Etc. The whole point is I can’t get to the controller conveniently. I don’t know how I would put on a headset in that scenario.

OTOH I have heard they’re adding Google Assistant/Alexa support in coming updates. So I could maybe yell towards my phone to control the Xbox in the future?

Cool that Kinect cables are coming back down. Might have to grab one.

Mario Odyssey - Owned and overrated
Mario v Rabbids - Own, I prefer X-COM, but this a fun in short spurts with family in pvp.
Mario Tennis - not out yet, key words being “had been”
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Own (Christmas gift), haven’t played yet because it’s on physical media and I’m too lazy to switch the cartridge.
Plus Octopath Traveler - Never heard of it, will look it up.
Bayonetta 3 - Day one when it comes out, again, key words “has been.”

May be time to take this conversation to the Switch thread?

See you there.

Just throwing this out there because it’s random and odd. We often hear about servers getting taken down for games, but how often do you hear about them being brought back up? Looks like EA has done just that for Skate 3:

And apparently Skate 2 as well:

Wow. That is amazing. Go EA!