The XBOX One

Seems reasonable to expect that this indicates a pending announcement of Skate 4?

Weird thing I just noticed on the Xbox Store. If you go to the ‘Deals’ tab, I’m pretty sure it shows all the games going on sale tomorrow- at least, these weren’t on the deals tab yesterday (the usual Tuesday rotation).

What do I see?

Bungie is breaking their usual code and discounting the D2 Season Pass by itself - they must really be desperate. I’ll admit, I’m tempted- ~$10 each expansion seems about right. I’m not nearly as down on the game as some around here, and I enjoyed my time with it- I just got to the end and decided to not keep playing the same content over and over. I also watched the Forsaken reveal video and a lot of the stuff they’re working on sounds neat.

Dark Souls 3 for $15. I played Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls 1, and liked them well enough. Is 3 any good? Any reason to get the deluxe version for another $13?

Ark Season Pass for $22.50. I liked the base game in EA, but haven’t really played since official release. Go figure. I see it’s cross-play now, could play with you PC folks.

Agents of Mayhem for $7.50 (though I’d probably splurge for the Total Mayhem edition for $10). Just to see if Tom was right.

Tacoma for $10. Seems like a neat little thing.

Dying Light: The Following for $20- I bought it on sale and played a bunch a couple months back. Since it’s on sale again, I’d gift a copy to my brother to play co-op.

Separately, Torment: Tides of Numenera is on sale this week. $15 isn’t as good as the $12.50 it was last time it was on sale (New Years?), but I’m tempted again.

Also separately, Technomancer was added to Game Pass a few days back. Worth playing?

I noticed the Destiny 2 season pass last night, and I was tempted. Then I saw you’ve got to buy annual passes for the next few add-ons and I was miraculously cured of my temptation. I bought Agents of Mayhem when it was on sale a while back for I think the same price. Haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. And Tacoma is totally worth $10.

Hahahah, I went through that exact same sequence of temptation and then cure when I read about the Annual Pass.

Wait, what’s that about the annual pass?

Oh, you hadn’t heard about the annual pass? It goes a-something like this:

😬😞😳😡😠

So they’re charging $40 for the next ‘big’ expansion? Just like The Taken King. That wasn’t so bad.

But another $30 for regular content updates that aren’t even the size of the current expansions? What are they thinking?

I played through it in a day and enjoyed it. $10 is about right.

What? The season pass is only to get you eligible to pay more money to use the content?

EDIT: oh, it seems the “season” pass is only for year one of DLC.

Yes, season pass is seasonal. So to speak.

I know this was announced last week, but just to remind today is the day!

Fantasia was a ton of fun, and I’ll be hooking up my Kinect for it.

I’m currently seeing a “There’s a problem getting this content right now”.

Hard reset twice and it’s still there.
Network panel shows all good.
I’m on wired ethernet
Logged out and in to XBL multiple times.

Any ideas?

The store web site has been flakey for me since they launched the E3 Sale. May be that is spilling over, or XBL is being DDoSed for E3.

I’ve noticed that my X gets iffy with my house’s mesh WiFi if I haven’t done a cold reboot in a while. Like everything MS, I guess reboots make them happier.

I’m experiencing the same problem. Are you in the alpha ring for new updates? I logged a ticket for the issue, apparently there are lots of others going through this.

Yes I am!

Still stuck with no content. Doesn’t seem to be widespread if /r/xboxone and /r/xboxinsiders are any indication.

I have reset every router and switch in the house.

Maybe widespread isn’t the right word, but when I reported it through the dashboard the other day, I saw existing tickets for the same problem.