The XBOX One

Looks like you can get all four Trine games for about $20, that seems like a good deal. Are they all worth playing? I think I only ever played the first one.

The second and third games are decent puzzle platformers. They excel if you are playing co-op though. Haven’t tried Trine 4 yet.

Reminder: This is in a couple of hours:

Grounded, The Outer Worlds developer Obsidian’s take on Honey I Shrunk the Kids, will be showcased tonight in a new episode of Inside Xbox.

The livestream will be held at 10pm UK tonight, 7th April, and also offer new details on Gears Tactics, Sea of Thieves plus additional “surprises”.

You’ll also get a look in a few people’s houses, since the whole thing is (of course) being done remotely. Stand by for a peek “directly from the homes of Obsidian’s developers” as they take a Q&A on the game.

Looking forward to it.

The show is on, with Phil Spencer chatting from home. Very casual.

I knew I liked this guy for a reason!

I’m a lot more interested in Grounded now, that was a good preview.

This guy’s beard is good too.

Yeah. Grounded looks like a lot of fun. Cool art style too. I liked the insect armour.

For those who want to watch on YouTube:

The series X lets you unplug your current external USB hard drive from your One, plug it into the Series X and play your One games directly in the series X. No additional step needed.

For series X games, they will want you to either use internal storage or get the Seagate storage that guarantees exactly the same performance as the internal storage.

Meh. Give me another Crimson Skies or a(n actual) Shadowrun game if he’s going to tusslie with Wiesman over IP rights. Though if he’s looking to do Mechs, he’d better get on some sort of VR solution for the XboxSX (do we have an agreed-upon shortened name for this yet?). That would be awesome.

Forgot to mention, the big news for me was Journey to the Savage Planet coming to Game Pass. I almost bought that, was hoping it would make it to GP. Looks fun!

It is. Bought it around launch with some converted MS rewards points, it starts slow but the mechanics get interesting quickly enough. Recommend doing the side quests to upgrade abilities.

Oh really - PC GamePass too?

No. That one is console only, I believe.

PC GamePass if also getting some games though:

Is it a survival crafter, or something else?

First-person exploration & collection with a few Metroidvania elements (which is where the crafting to unlock new areas comes in). With the exception of a few boss fights, pretty low-key and relaxing to play. Also has some odd and wacky FMV stuff in your home base that can mostly be ignored but you might find funny.

I’m a little disappointed there’s still no Final Fantasies. I’ve already played most, but now would be the perfect time for everyone to lose 50 hours in them.

Alvastia Chronicles has meh reviews and it’s a Kemco. Go in with low expectations.

Free weekend:

• Hitman 2015
  • NBA 2k Playgrounds 2
  • Override Mech City Brawl

I noticed there’s a 50 cent puzzle game in this week’s sale.
Reviews are in the middle, but if anyone likes repetitive brain busters you might enjoy it.

@divedivedive 2 to 3 hours to complete all the achievements.

I was about to puzzle like it’s my birthday, but I guess I misunderstood.

I realize I have something of a reputation around achievements, and I’m not about to protest that it’s totally unearned. But I will say I’ve never played a game solely for the achievements (there’s no Avatar in my games list, you can check) but I do try to maximize achievements earned in the games I do play.

That said, I already bought the Fearful Symmetry game because hey! Fifty cents, why not?