The XBOX One

Xbox One dead again. If the option comes up to reset, I’ll try again. But man, the Series X can’t get here fast enough. I always meant to try the Dance Central Kinect game for the Xbox One, I still had it installed. I guess that hope is gone.

3rd party Kinect adapters for the S/X have become affordable lately, less than $30 based on a quick search. I suspect it would probably work w/ a Series X for old XB1 games, it just separates the power from the usb connection but we’ll never know until it gets tried.

A little late, but gamepass is messing up this week’s GWG. Fable shows up as owned & installable, but we have to go to the store page and hit buy. It’ll ask the password then come up as free.

Turns out 20 minutes was enough for me… hated that bush puzzle and I don’t like youtubing solutions. Still got my 50 cents worth of fun though. Hope you enjoy it more than I did

I noticed Knights of Pen and Paper is showing up as free in the market place now, so I checked out the Blinx/Toybox whatever situation - Blinx is not showing as free, but the Toybox racer game is, so I don’t know what was up with them saying Blinx was going to be GwG. Maybe it’s one of next month’s games, we’ll see.

This looks great - Gato Roboto and Deliver Us the Moon were games I was considering buying.

F1 2019 is having a free play day (weekend?) on Xbox Live Gold. It’s also deeply discounted if you want to keep it. I’ll definitely be checking it out, I was intrigued by Rob Zacny’s comments on the driver AI.

I used to love playing car race sims like Indy 500 and others on the PC years and years ago…will have to try this out.

Fans of the series may know that Streets of Rage 4 is coming on April 30, but did you know that it will be available on Game Pass on release date?

I remember there being games like that in arcade in the 80s. I tried them, but always felt like I wasted my money. “Now I know why there isn’t a line of people wanting to play these” is what I remember thinking.

I played one or two on my Amstrad CPC 128 at home, but don’t remember enjoying them much. I think the last game I played like that was in the early 90s. The Simpsons Arcade game, anyone remember that?

Streets of Rage was never an arcade game (at least not in the US) though it was definitely in that vein. It had a little bit more nuance and depth to the characters’ move sets than something like the Simpsons or TMNT arcade games, but Streets of Rage also had a killer soundtrack that I still love to this day.

Gato Roboto was charming, but the boss fights were a bit unbalanced. Still worth checking out, especially for free!

Streets of Rage 4 on Game Pass on release is good news, except for the part where I have a bunch of other stuff to play right now. I’ll have to try to carve out some time for it.

I don’t think I’ve played Streets of Rage, but if it’s anything like Double Dragon I’m in.

I have an EA Access question, if anyone knows! If I buy an EA Access subscription for Xbox, can my kids play the game on our console (we only have one xbox one) under their own profile names? Same physical device, and it’s their home console, just want them to be able to play under their own profiles…

Yep, as long as the console is the Home console for the EAA account, they can play.

OK, great! Yeah, EA support wasn’t any help. We only have the one Xbox, it’s my kids Home Xbox, and I was thinking of subscribing, but wasn’t certain if I’d need an EA subscription for each profile (which wasn’t happening). Works fine w/ Gamepass. We install the games under my profile, but they can play anything on their own. I wasn’t certain if EA worked the same way.

Sweet!

My sister was wondering if I could get an Xbox to play with my nephew, as apparently he complains that she “keeps dying” when playing Plants vs Zombies Neighborhood.

There are some decent deals right now with the Xbox One X, but it seems a bit silly to get one when the next Xbox is about six months away. But I noticed there was this cool Lego (?) expansion to Forza that looked like a lot of fun for kids.

So, uh, question one is, can I play Plants vs Zombies Neighborhood cross platform without an Xbox? And if not, has anyone tried out the Lego Forza thing? And how is it as a 4K blu ray player now, after some firmware updates? HDR10 and Dolby Vision support?

It’s not really that silly when you consider that full backward compatibility with the Xbone is a near certainty.

You could just get a one S instead for now. Those are also 4k blu ray players, and around 200$ cheaper. I played PVZN on one and it’s fine.

Forza is great and some of us liked the expansion:

You can get an Xbox One X with Forza Horizon 4 + LEGO Speed Champions for $299 right now. That’s not much more expensive than an Xbox One S.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-one-x/forza-horizon-4-lego-1tb

And Microsoft has said that most if not all of their first-party games releasing over the next 1-2 years from now will ship on Xbox One, not just Xbox Series X.