The XBOX One

Yes, it’s a really fantastic design, full of great, detailed touches. And I appreciate that it comes with a vertical stand to show off both sides at once. Kind of amazed to get it for exactly the same price as the bog-standard S.

Hey, in addition to NMS, it seems various Kingdom Hearts things have been added to GP, as well as Dungeon of the Endless. Is that latter one any good?

There have apparently been a bunch of new game announcements in the last few days- the Xbox Youtube channel is full of them. Here’s a few that have caught my eye, but there’s several more:

Foreclosed- kind of looks like a Cyberpunk Void Bastards (though not structured the same way)

Hardspace: Shipbreaker- I noticed a thread on here, but haven’t read it, didn’t know it was coming to Xbone.

Getting some Breath of the Wild vibes from Windbound

Pragmata- for the Series X in 2022 , seems a bit early to announce, but it does look cool.

I really enjoyed Dungeon of the Endless. Its a rogue-like(lite?) made by the developers of Endless Legend and Endless Space, and takes place in the same mythos/universe.

I found it very interesting, and quite fun. I imagine it would be even more fun multiplayer.

Pragmata was shown in the Playstation thing last week. Looks very Kojima, with all the baggage that entails.

I’ve been getting a lot of password change requests on my Microsoft account, to my backup email. That’s kind of a good sign right? They are trying to get in but they can’t? But instead of once a week, then once a day, now it’s at least four times yesterday.

Do you have two-factor authentication set up, @Rock8man? You can use the Authenticator app (MS or Google) to ensure nobody can get in on a new device without your permission.

I do have it set up I think. That’s why I keep getting emails with a code, that’s the second step they need.

Go to your Microsoft Account Page>Security>Sign-In Activity, and it will tell you where those are coming from. You can also click on them to notify MS that those are unauthorized attempts.

Thanks. Though I’m kinda wishing I hadn’t looked at this. About 30% of the unsuccessful attempts seem to be from China, another 20% each from Russia and Brazil. And then lots of attempts from Malaysia, Combodia, Albania and a few other countries. When I click on “Secure my account” along all those attempts, it says the attempt was unsuccessful, so there’s no need to change my password.

I mean, it’s right though. It just means someone is trying to sign in. Doesn’t mean they know your password, have your 2fa, or whatever else.

Hey that’s cool, I’ve got people trying to access my account from Chile, Indonesia, BraZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!, Russia, Moldova, all over the world! I’m like an international man of mystery or something.

Holy shit the games with gold for June 2020 are fucking terrrrrrible.

I kind of liked Coffee Talk.

I couldn’t get into the gameplay for DAH, but liked the humour.

Maybe you’ll enjoy Injustice more. It’s free now too, and there’s a 3 hour story mode/movie:

https://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Injustice-Gods-Among-Us/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80257520829

Me too - I felt it was rather wonderful and interesting.

Thanks for the heads up on Coffee Talk, it must be the middle of the month. How do you guys remember Games with Gold stuff now that it’s no longer on the Xbox dashboard? Ever since they introduced Perks, that’s all I get a link to on the normal dashboard anymore. Even the deals page doesn’t have the Games with Gold page anymore as far as I can find. You just have to look up which games are free, do a search for them and find them and download them now, right? Ever since they introduced “Perks” (aka free to play games chotchkes).

I go here:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold?xr=shellnav#gameswithgold

I have Game Pass, and GWG is a tab within the Game Pass app. It’s actually easier for me to find them now than it used to be. But if you don’t have GP, I’m not sure.

So I have the Ultimate Gamepass sub currently; if I was to drop down to the pc-only sub, do I lose access to the XBox One games I have redeemed through Gold forever, or do I get access to them again if I was to go back to an Ultimate subscription in the future?