The XBOX One

I just check their twitter once or twice a month.

We did the thing where we added games to the library now you do the thing where you add games to your hard drive pic.twitter.com/mIL6PvNI0z

— Xbox Game Pass (@XboxGamePass) June 18, 2020

You can tag a GwG tab so it’s added as a tab on the main screen, it shows what the current options are. That’s what I do, anyway.

If you added any Xbox 360 games, they’re yours forever. Any Xbox One games you got through GwG aren’t playable if you unsubscribe but will become available to you again if you resubscribe.

Ok thanks. My XBox One is a paperweight these days but I am using PC Gamepass quite a lot - and it’s only $6.95 per month opposed to $19.95 for Ultimate.

FWIW, 3-month Ultimate subs are on sale for $25 at the moment. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-3-month-membership-digital/6359375.p?skuId=6359375

Its $15 a month.

different country.

I don’t think those offers apply in different countries, but thanks anyway.

Definitely a weak month but no love for the Shantae games?

And wasn’t Sine Mora well reviewed? Shooter, right? Coffee Talk, I’ve never heard of.

So bummed my One X seems to have crapped out. I’d been enjoying Ace Combat 7 and then started having these strange crashes. After experimenting I found I can make it crash any time I crash my plane. Then I tried RE7 and when I start a new game the intro plays and it switches from a view of the house to the tape recorder and crashes…every time and this is a cutscene. It does a hard power off and when it comes back up it always has a heat warning. It’s strange though because you never hear the fans speed up and it’s probably the best ventilated position for a console I’ve had it’s basically on a open shelf by itself, Google tells me it happens, it could be bad thermal paste or something.

Of course out of warranty and they want $250 to fix it. It hardly seems worth it with the new one on the horizon. Has anyone had any luck bringing one back to life? I dd the system restore with leave the apps option. It didn’t help.

On the plus said it still plays Lego Harry Potter like a beast and HBO Max so my daughter and wife respectively are happy ;-)

In my case the resetting where I leave apps and games alone works because the internal hard drive is what’s gone bad. (Launch X1, not X1X in my case). I’ve been playing games exclusively on the external hard drive for the last couple of months, and it’s been okay so far.

With your problem being related to thermal paste and heat, I can see why that solution doesn’t work. That really sucks.

It could be dusty inside, thereby causing the heat problems. Unfortunately, opening it to clean it would prevent you from ever getting it repaired.

Mind you, a brand new One X is on sale for not far from the price they quoted you, over here. And, of course, the Series X is out in a few months. Not sure what I would do either.

Since it still works with less taxing games like Lego Harry Potter, I’d personally just use it to play those and watch HBO Max for a few months until the Series X comes out. That’s what I’m trying to do with my mine. Just make it last until October/November.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will probably just limp along until Series X. Then I’ll watch some youtube videos and tear this one open and see what I can do. Worst case it still works fine for some games and the UHD movies we have.

I guess Mixer is shutting down, and transitioning that service to Facebook Gaming. I don’t really know what Mixer is, but I saw this and it made kind of upset with Microsoft.

haha wow, that was quite an expensive few years for Microsoft. The old Mixer CEO got a nice paycheck though, that’s for sure.

Mixer was a direct competitor to Twitch.tv

They were also the streaming choice of Xbox. Like Twitch .

Oh, duh, thanks - that’s the thing Ninja went over to from Twitch, famously. Okay. Yikes.

I agree. Gross.