Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

The vending machine pizza isn’t ever going to be any good. Even assuming theyre using refrigerated dough’s instead of frozen, and it’s any kind of fresh, there’s just a heat problem.

The trick for good pizza is very high, stable heat, like you get from a wood/charcoal fired oven. Keeping the vending machine’s oven hot enough for this would be a) unsafe and b) expensive. So, the oven is going to have toaster like heating elements that can be turned on / off on command and come up to full heat in 30 seconds or so (to allow a full cook time of 3 minutes), which just isn’t going to do the job.

It’s frozen toaster pizza. Maybe it’s good frozen toaster pizza, but it’s till toaster pizza.

I’d get one with certain caveats. I’m drunk, and/or high. I’m waiting for a train or bus. Hey, look a pizza machine. I have the correct change. My train/bus is a few minutes away. I have to see what the damn machine makes. There is an open bench nearby. Then I have one made and I eat it before the train/bus comes by. At the time I think that it’s the best damn thing ever made. Then the next day I can’t leave the house because I’m crapping every 5 minutes.

Curiosity solved. Back to the English muffins.

Years ago Grand Central Station in NYC had one of those Japanese conveyor belt restaurants. While I was waiting for a train I decided to try it. If you’ve never seen it, it was a series of counters where the food was sent a very long conveyor belt thing. At that late hour a few things would go around several times. It was kind of a dim sum thing. At the end of your meal they would count your plate to charge you.

I liked the food the first time I did it. I was drunk and it was cool.

The second time I was there, this homeless guy was touching all of the food until the owner threw him out. Never went back. It ended up closed shortly after that. Great concept. Bad venue.

The correct second half of that is “Even when it’s bad, it’s still pretty good.”

No, I’m pretty sure bad sex is pizza, Zylon.

But what does swedish fish actually taste like, anyway? I’m not even sure. Sugar with distant hints of cherry and cinnamon, maybe? Or is that just an illusion induced by the red dye?

I suppose it was inevitable:

Too late.

Scroll up.

I actually love Swedish Fish - they’re my favorite thing to take on an airplane, but I eat them pretty much never otherwise. They’re essentially gummy fish that are flavored like fruit punch - no cinnamon. I like them on planes because they’re nice when you get somewhat dehydrated, as is often the case on planes.

That said, they have absolutely NO BUSINESS being inside an Oreo. Blech.

What I meant to say is that I’ve eaten swedish fish plenty of times and I still don’t know what they taste like, exactly…

That Swedish Fish Oreo looks like it could be the US equivalent of a jammy dodger.

I had the Key Lime Oreos…they were horrible. I am told the peanut butter ones are good, but why?

What really impresses me is that they are the only thing in that freezer besides the ice cubes.

Arby’s has been advertising their new Buffalo chicken sliders a lot during the Olympics, $1 from 2-5pm daily. So on Sunday me and my wife were both home and we got curious. We got two of them for each of us.

They were pretty bad. Almost no chicken. It’s mostly all bun (a plain tasteless bun). What little chicken is there is mostly breading. Only one of the four sliders we got actually had some ranch in there. And there’s nothing else. No pickle, no piece of lettuce, nothing. So all you taste is bun, and a little bit of buffalo sauce flavor. Definitely the worst thing I’ve had at Arby’s, and they have plenty of boring bland stuff already.

EDIT: Oh wow, I missed the posts back in June about a Whopperito. Did anyone here try it? Was it good? It sounds good. I love wraps, and I love the Whopper.

To be fair, my post from June about the whopperito was when they decided to test it out in a few select markets. I guess it did well enough to roll it out nationally.

I’ll never understand this attitude. Life’s too short and good food is too tasty to go out of your way to eat something you know is going to be bad.

I had no idea it was going to be bad. Me and my wife both love buffalo flavored chicken in all its forms. This is the first time we’ve consumed buffalo chicken that we didn’t enjoy. We were both pretty excited, and both very disappointed. If we had known we weren’t going to get something delicious, I wouldn’t have gone to Arby’s to pick it up.

That’s the ONLY reason to go to Arby’s these days. They no longer make tasty things. :(

Note: I seriously lament this development. Arby’s used to be delicious.