Things you should never, under any circumstances, ingest but are technically food

The Arby’s Brown Sugar Bacon BLT is delicious.

Don’t do it. Arby will just hurt me again… :(

I saw that twitter account the other day (probably was linked from here).

It is amazing.

The smokehouse brisket is good–crispy onions, thick slice of gouda, some decent sliced brisket, and mayo+BBQ. The Angus Philly Cheesesteak and particularly the Angus 3 Cheese and Bacon are also pretty damn good for what they are, but they’re older menu items.

And, of course, the turnovers are more or less crack cocaine in food form.

. . . I like Arby’s a lot >.>

You might want to be cautious with your next drink of pink lemonade. It could have come from someone’s dirty wash-water.

That is the only thing I ever get when going there. So good! Great combo of cheese/meat/onions.

Used to be the Apple Crumble for me.

Every so often, my gf gets a fevered look in her eyes and asks me if they’ve brought those things back yet. Each time I must say no, I fear for my life just a little more.

As everyone probably knows, the only true Swedish fish is surströmming: Surströmming - Wikipedia which is why I find these Oreos very amusing.

You don’t want to know.

Take your lutefisk and your akvavit and your crystallized salt and pepper candy and use them in your manhood rituals or whatever, but I will pass on them for life :)

Wait wait wait waitwaitwait. Crystallized salt and pepper candy?

This sounds like something I would try. Is this a real thing that exists?

Yeah, they exist – I think throughout Scandinavia, but possibly just Swedish, not sure.

Imagine just eating a teaspoon of salt. If that appeals to you, then feel free to try the candy. Or for that matter a teaspoon of black pepper. The candy is basically that, but embedded in a rock-candy matrix. It’s really quite disgusting…

I’m in Scandavia 3-4 times a year for business. Each time I go, I try their salty licorice. Despite doing this for several years, I still haven’t developed any appreciation for it and I’m pretty adventurous and open-minded, food-wise. The stuff is SUPER salty.

It’s something of a ritual for me, now.

I just bought some on Amazon. I will report back on Friday!

Hm. Salty licorice may or may not be similarly disgusting, but the stuff I tried once was hard candy. I kind of like the idea of the super-strong licorice I’ve heard they have too, but not salted. Will be interested to hear how it goes in any event :)

Dude. Tell her I feel her pain. I was introduced to them in the late 1970s. Around the same time I was introduced to weed. I crave them the way I sometimes crave… other chemicals. You never forget the feeling.

I’m known in my office for buying odd foods and bringing them in for folks to try. I like trying new things, and figure as long as it isn’t actually poisonous, it’s always worth trying something new for the experience.

I will try anything, once. Crickets? Yup. Mealworms? Sure. I’d even try scorpion if offered. All the time I seek out new foods. I firmly believe that it is almost always worth the price of experience.

Except that maggot and ammonia cheese from Sicily. I’ll pass on that.