This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

ProTip for Canadians: Buy $45.99 12-month cards from Costco.ca and save a whopping $24/year.

Yeah, I was going to post that: http://www.costco.ca/PlayStation-Plus-12-month-membership---Electronic-Code.product.100146149.html?platform=hootsuite

September’s Free Games

• Lords of the Fallen, PS4
  • Journey, PS4, PS3
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, PS3
  • Datura, PS3
  • Badland, PS Vita, PS4, PS3
  • Amnesia: Memories, PS Vita

Journey was fantastic. Really short, and probably better if you go in knowing nothing about it.

I too, highly recommend Journey. It is a great game to have non-gamer friends or family experience too.

Journey is a stand out and it’ll be nice to get a PS4 copy of it. I’m trying to be more positive in this thread so I’ll stop there :)

Lords of the Fallen isn’t a terrible selection either. Never going to get a Souls game in there, but a poor-man’s Souls wannabe isn’t a bad tradeoff.

Actually a fairly solid month.

It will be nice to play Journey finally. Find out first hand why people were so pissed at Tom for his review.

Lords of the Fallen was a freebie for Xbox GwG a while ago, I couldn’t get past the first level because of poor animations and weirdness. It just didn’t seem like an appealing game.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands is something I enjoyed a lot on the 360. There’s nothing special about it, unlike the Prince of Persia reboot, but I enjoyed it because I enjoy the fundamental gameplay of the Prince series.

I’ve never heard of Badland or Amnesia: Memories or Datura.

Wasn’t Demon’s Souls an early Plus title?

Might’ve been when they were fluffing the service at launch before the PS4.

Wiki page says yes it was, between April 2, 2013 and May 7, 2013.

I think Brad had PS+ before the PS4 launch, so he probably has it in his instant game collection.

Huh. I can remember playing my old copy of Demon’s Souls from that time roughly, and I’m not sure the servers were on.

Badlands started life as an iOS game and has been ported around. It’s basically a stick + 1-button puzzle platformer. Not crap, but not epic.

PS4:
Resident Evil
Transformers Devastation

PS3:
From Dust
Mad Riders

Vita:
Actual Sunlight (Rpg maker visual novel about mental health issues. Surprised it has a Vita version)
Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth

Last month’s Datura (PS3) was really frustrating. Those controls were horrible without a PS Move.

Good month. I almost bought that Tranformers game a while back.

From Dust is pretty cool for about five hours.

Code: Realize is supposed to be very good, but I haven’t played my copy yet. :|

By Resident Evil, they mean… what, the original Resident Evil? The PS1 game? Did it get ported to PS4?

There’s a remaster of the remaster.

I tried the remaster of RE1 on the Xbox One a while back. I found it unplayable, but I never played it back in the day so I had no nostalgia to carry me through the locked camera perspectives, awkward combat, and tedious cutscenes and dialogue. YMMV, of course.