This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

Assuming you’re using the same PSN account on PS5, you will have access to all of your PS4 purchases from the PlayStation Store. This includes PlayStation Plus titles – but you will have to ensure your subscription is active in order to play these.

I have a bad feeling that the massive dump up front means we won’t see traditional PS Plus releases anymore. Have they confirmed if these are “add to account, keep as long as you claim them and you’re subscribed” or “subscription where we can rotate games out at will”?

I didn’t realize PS+ games were only playable as long as you subscribed. I thought once you added them to your library, that was that and you had them for good.

They’re rentals! But yeah, the nice thing is the rental library comes back when you re-subscribe. Now that I’m back on PS+, my library from 2014 is back in play. (Not that I want to play any of those games, but still).

It’s a little stupid, then, that you have to “claim” them while they’re around. Just like the worst of both worlds right there. It’s a rental, but a rental you only have a limited amount of time to claim the right to rent.

Games leave the Xbox Gamepass all the time. Those are like rentals from only one store in town that insists it only has enough shelf space for a 100 rentals, so new things bump old things off the shelves.

Agree it is annoying and stupid, I would add I strongly resent being charged a monthly fee for multiplayer support on a console.

For what its worth its pretty good value though. I play my PSPlus games regularly and despite my objections I feel I have got my monies worth.

PS Plus is like buying a full price game a year for the trade of receiving 24 games to rent forever (as long as you keep paying the yearly fee). Really if you can’t even play one new game a year, PS Plus isn’t a great deal.

I do find it odd how opinionated people get about these two programs even though (to me) they were pretty similar. Gamepass getting release day games does push it up the value tree however. OTOH Gamepass is like twice as expensive unless you do some coupon clipping.

Well no, the PS Plus analog would be Xbox Live Gold, where you also get two games given to you each month, but you have to claim them or lose your chance.

Maybe so - I’m confused by the many different subdivisions and overlaps of Gamepass vs Xbox Gold however.

Like, with these new Xbox consoles with two year Gamepass deals , isn’t Gamepass “all access” and you will also get access to multiplayer as well? Or will multiplayer still be a seperate charge?

We should probably take that topic to the Game Pass thread, but there are tiers to the subscription model. Some include multiplayer, some don’t.

Well that’s probably the best part about PS Plus - it’s easy to understand ;). $60 for free games and multiplayer and that’s the only option you have to worry about!

No, PS plus is like Xbox Live Gold (included in Ultimate Game Pass).

But PS Now is like Game Pass. So there’s more than one option to “worry about”.

Eh. You have to claim them because they don’t want people to subscribe just for the two months where they play all the PS+ games or something.

But anyway, looks like there will also be a permanent collection now, so maybe they’re changing their system.

Well it seems like Gamepass and Xbox Gold are merging or something, where PS Now and PS Plus still remain very distinct things - especially since PS Now seemed originally meant to play very very old games and has only recently started including more modern games.

Is there not a combined PS Plus/PS Now subscription option?

I don’t think so - but I always thought PS Now only had very old games, so it never occurred to me there was much if any overlap (the PS Plus games were more modern than the Now games),
But I think that might have changed recently…

OK, found it -

Is there a combined PS Now & PS Plus subscription offering?
No. PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus are available as separate subscription plans.

So, yeah. Guess that is simpler.

As a random aside, there’s always about two times in the year that the PS+ subscription is 25% off or so, like Days of Play and such.

So you just renew your yearly subscription that time of the year… that’s like 15 bucks saved.

Yea, Uncharted 4 - was available once on PS Plus. Still not available on PS Now. Now remains more the back catalog service, though more modern games are creeping in once they’re past their expiration date.