This is a thread for PS+ (PS Plus) members

What you’re saying makes sense, and maybe at this point it’s more likely than not that you’re right and this is a low level support communication mistake. But the quoted (translated?) email says:

Since you purchased PlayStation Plus at a discounted price at the time of membership, there are two PlayStation Plus memberships that cannot enjoy other discounts:

“1) PlayStation Plus membership bought with a discount.

“2) PlayStation Plus membership redeemed with redemption code.

“Therefore, if you need to upgrade to Level 2 or 3 Premium membership, you will need to make up the difference between the previous discounted price and the normal price.

They specifically mention subscriptions redeemed via code, although I’m not sure what they’re saying you have to do there as I agree Sony wouldn’t know what you paid for it.

Didn’t meant to make anyone panic or spread misinformation, but Sony hasn’t exactly been winning people over with their handling of the new service so far. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, there could definitely be some language barrier stuff happening, either with the translation, or if English was not the native language of the support rep. As written it does not make sense, and seems to imply the customer is asking for an ADDITIONAL discount (which, maybe they were?).

But to me, as someone who has worked in customer service, it sounds like the rep is trying to explain what the system is doing based on the information they can see, not that they are making a declaration of policy.

EDIT:
People on Reddit are reporting it’s already been fixed.

Games journalism websites across the Internet owe that rep a beer for all those clicks.

Thanks, edited a warning into my original post to clarify.

The list of new stuff on the Asian PS+ is underwhelming. I hope it’s a lot better in our regions, or they’re planning a lot of additions. YMMV I have too many games/subscriptions - looks nice for the non-xbox crowd. Back in the good days PS Now got 10 new games a month. Usually nothing great, but I enjoyed playing the random PS3 stuff like “Battle of Tiles” I’ve never heard of.

Here’s the unannounced games I wrote down to try if we get them:

• Assetto Corsa Competizone
  • Balan Wonderworld
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • Chocobo Mystery Every Buddy
  • the Council
  • Death End Request 2
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
  • Fade to Silence
  • I am Dead
  • Marvel Spider-Man (includes DLC)
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans 2
  • Ride 4
  • Shadow Warrior 3 (leaving july)
  • Space Hulk Deathwing
  • Star Ocean First Departure
  • Steins Gate Elite
  • Wild Arms (PS1 replay with trophies)
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • WRC 10

Here is the HK list if anyone wants to preview.

Also added this to my original post:

So here’s a potentially stupid question… ;)

Yesterday I was prepping some older, often inoperable tech stuff for a recycling group to pick up. And in an old, long-dead 360, I discovered my game disc for Red Dead Redemption. Which I kind of have a bit of a hankering to play.

But now I’ve got two choices.

I can “stream” play it on the PS5 via PS Now or whatever it’s called.

Or I can play it backwards compatible on the Series X.

Gonna be about the same either way? Or is one going to be in some way better?

Red Dead Redemption famously already played much better on the 360 than it did on PS3. And then it got the enhanced treatment for Xbox One X in 2018, so it runs in 4K. It will also run with those enhancements on Series X. Series X is definitely the way to go.

Cool! That was my inclination due to the weird way PS Now has to handle PS 3 titles, but awesome to see this confirmation.

Thank you!

Disappointed to read this.

Next up: God of War (2018), Naruto Shinobi Striker, and Nickelodeon Brawl.

GoW is a little odd with it being in the higher Plus tier and PS5 collection. I thought they would launch with more newsworthy additions.

JP list of extra deluxe premium whatever games is mostly the same as earlier regions. More jrpgs. No Knack 2. The PS1s are apparently better versions.

When is this going live in the U.S.?

I’m feeling a little sad at the number of games on that list that I’ve bought, but haven’t played yet.

I’m sure Knack 2 will get added eventually. I’ve already played through the first one.

13th.

The stray cat game will be available day 1 on tier not1 next month

Leak for next week is looking good:

• Arcadegeddon (launch)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4
  • Dark Pictures Man of Medan
        I’ve played through this. It’s a fun 4 hours.

Man of Medan is another repeat from tier 2. but Crash 4! It’s about time

Leak was correct!

Though I still want to wait until the Activision acquisition is finished and Crash 4 joins game pass, so that I can play it with achievements.

August:

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5, PS4)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5, PS4)
  • Little Nightmares (PS4)

I already have Little Nightmares through Games with Gold, and Yakuza through Game Pass. I should check out Tony Hawk, I have no nostalgia for it since I never played the original back in the day. I was on the Dave Mirra’s BMX side of the extreme sports back then.

Yeah, I literally have all of those on Xbox, two of them for free/Game Pass.

I’m trying to decide what to do about Stray: Buy it outright, or update to the mid-tier PS+ tier? I already have more games than I have time to play, so the additional PS library isn’t a huge enticement overall; I need to check the catalog and see what other games are in there that I had in my queue. (Ghosts of Tsushima?)

Almost bought Tony Hawk on sale several times, patience pays off for me!

Whoa… that’s a quality month for sure!

Good month coming up:

• Granblue Fantasy VS
  • Need for Speed Heat
  • TOEM (PS5)

Heat is one of the better recent NFS. The large city is fun to explore with a HDR display.

Tier 2:

• Alex Kidd Miracle World DX
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins
  • Chicory
  • Deathloop
  • Dragonball Xenomorph 2
  • Monster Supercross 5
  • Rabbids Invasion
  • Rayman Legends
  • Scott Pilgrim
  • Spiritfarer
  • Watch Dogs 2

Tier 3:

• Kingdom of Paradise
  • Sly Coopers are back on the service (PS3 streaming)
  • Syphon Filter 2
  • Toy Story 3