• Carmageddon
  • Crew 2
  • DCL game (drones)
  • Grip Combat Racing
  • Nidhogg (fencing)
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza 1
  • Yakuza 2

Good luck if anyone tries to go through the Yakuzas. 1 was included with PS+ a long time ago. Borderlands 3 can be skipped if you grabbed it when it was free on Epic last year.

Next up with +:

• Death’s Door
  • Dreams
  • PGA 2k 23

Wait, Dreams? Why did they not do this months ago before … blargh.

I have over a thousand hours in that. There’s some great little experiences in there, especially if you own a PSVR. I’ll probably make a post in the Dreams thread with cool stuff to check out later.

Death’s Door is cool too.

I would love this! Excited to check out Dreams, but you’re right its a real disappointment that it’s when the thing is seemingly being wound down.

This month is… finally not terrible. I’ll likely play some of all of these and a lot of PGA at that price.

Some of the Dreams community are making videos of their new to PS+ recommendations, but I haven’t seen one people here’d be into. This is a little starter pack of things to enjoy:

Art’s Dream - Musical mashup of genres. This is the official Dreams game. I had trouble with some parts, but it’s a great experience as a whole. This is what you should play if you’re only going to play a single one. [2 hours]

Tren - Brand new game by Media Molecule. It’s a puzzle/high score thing with wooden toy trains on tracks and challenges. [up to 10 hours]

Opposite Day (part 1/origins) - Short walk. [5 minutes]

Pip Gemwalker - Cute puzzler [1 hour]

Ball World Adventures - Marble platformer [1 hour]

Lock - Escape room. Best with paper to write down clues. [3 hours]

All Hallows Ghost Train - Community halloween event. Rail shooter with around 100 mini levels and some spoopy scenery you can explore [2 hours]

Trip’s Voyage - Mario clone. I haven’t played it yet, but it’s probably the most popular game in Dreams in the last couple years. [3 hours]

I might do the bigger recommendation stuff later, but you guys’ll want to hit the “Dreams by Genre” section of “Dreamsurfing” and try whatever looks interesting. Those have all been chosen by Media Molecule employees. You can also find their themed collections in “Featured Curation Playlists”.

Don’t use “most thumbs up”. That’s pretty much all beta/year one creations and kid stuff.

There’s 30 TB of content in Dreams. You can even find one that hired Troy Baker. Have fun!

Wow, thanks for this!

Leaving in a few weeks:

• Chicory
  • Death End Request 2 (super weird start!)
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Nidhogg 2
  • Through Darkest Times
  • Watch Dogs
  • Watch Dogs 2

and here is the list of games added this week. I’m looking forward to Spellforce 3 & Sea of Stars.

I’m out in a few months with the price increase. I bought a brand-new PS3 & Vita when I first decided PS Plus was a fantastic deal, and now premium is more than I paid for either console. No multiplayer for Gigglemoo, so… yeah. Might do a month here and there when I feel like binging or a killer deal.

I’m going to have some good times with RPGs before then though!
Here’s what’s coming to ++ next week:

• 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
  • Call of the Sea
  • Civilization 6
  • Cloudpunk
  • Contra Rogue Corps
  • Nier Replicant
  • Odin Sphere Remaster
  • Paw Patrol the Movie
  • Planet Coaster
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
  • Star Ocean Divine Force (6)
  • Star Ocean Integrity (5)
  • Tails Noir
  • This War of Mine
  • Unpacking
  • West of Dead

+++

• Dragon’s Crown
  • Star Ocean End of Time (3)
  • Star Ocean First Departure (1, returning)
  • Star Ocean Last Hope (4)

No one posted the other games, so here’s what’s on + right now:

• Black Desert with a few consumable thingies
  • Generation Zero
  • Saint’s Row (new)

Aww, good-bye Volition. Despite optimistically acquiring all the games in the series before this, I haven’t played any yet. Maybe I can give their swan song a try.

That’s a lot of RPGs in the list. I already have too many acquired to try anything Star Ocean. I really liked 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, and I had a good time with Nier Replicant and Odin Sphere Remaster though I don’t personally rate those two as highly. Good luck getting through everything on your list!

I have to remember to claim these soon, even if I don’t actually play them.

Next month’s games announced:

• Callisto Protocol
  • Farming Simulator 2022
  • Weird West

Sweet, now I don’t have to try it before it leaves GP this week.

I just looked up Callisto Protocol. 12 hours according to HLTB. Might be a fun, gory/spooky game to play this halloween. Reviews are mixed. This one made me laugh (mild spoiler):

“Who came up with the idea of putting an enemy inside a loot box?..like really.
Good graphics but terrible game-design choices. The jumpscare simulator protocol.”

PS+ is adding a streaming movie collection.
I was impressed with the picture quality of this service when I tried it years ago with my TV.

If you’re a PlayStation Plus Premium/Deluxe member, you’ll get access to a curated catalog of up to 100 movies***** through the Sony Pictures Core app to stream on demand from the Sony Pictures library as part of your membership. The catalog, which will be ad-free and updated periodically, features movies such as Looper, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Elysium, and Resident Evil Damnation.** There will also be additional benefits for all PlayStation Plus members, so stay tuned for more details.

Sony Pictures Core is available starting today for PlayStation players in 23 markets globally. You can find the Sony Pictures Core app in the Media section on PS5 and on the PS Store for PS4.

I downloaded it to try it out & see what’s available, phone required. Nevermind.

That’s weird. I did the download and install / account merge completely on my PS5. Then I learned that my middle (Extra) tier of PS+ doesn’t give me access to any of the movies for free and I bailed.

I’d love to try something to actually see the higher bitrate in action, but I guess I can wait for a deal or a sale or a giveaway.

Coming soon:

++

• Alien Isolation
  • Dark Pictures House of Ashes
  • Dead Island (repeat)
  • Disco Elysium
  • Eldest Souls
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Far Changing Tides
  • Gotham Knights
  • Gungrave Gore
  • Outlast 2 (repeat)
  • Roki

+++

• Ape Escape Academy
  • IQ Final
  • Soulcalibur Broken Destiny
  • Tekken 6

I almost got the last humble monthlies for Disco & House of Ashes. Thanks PS++

Ooh! I’ve had Disco Elysium on my Wishlist for a long time now. I guess I’m glad I never pulled the trigger, but I’ve still got a lot of BG3 to play before I move onto another PS5 RPG. :P

House of Ashes is pretty fun. I’m a sucker for those game. Gotham is on Xbox as well, but I’d rather play it with the ps5 controller so I can wait.

Next to leave:

• Ace of Seafood
  • Connectank
  • Dandara
  • Giana Sisters
  • Momodora Reverie
  • My Time at Portia
  • Wild Guns Reloaded

Momodora was fun & short.

Coming up:

• Aliens Fireteam Elite
  • Dragonball Breakers
  • Mafia 2

Bring friends if you want to play Alien. I didn’t enjoy it solo.

A-Train Express was also added to PS Extra last month. It supports VR1, so I’ll check that out soon.

Oh dang! Thanks for mentioning this!