Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - What if Borderlands, but all Tina's DnD?

First Borderlands could give me a little bit of motion sickness due to the FOV being sooo close and unadjustable (from what I remember), but BL2 and BL3 have been fine. Wonder what they’ve done here to trigger it for you?

The Dead Island / Dying Light series remains the one that triggers it in me like nothing else. In Dying Light, I finally tracked it down to an extremely slight horizontal wobble that would constantly happen while your character was breathing. I didn’t even notice until I just climbed onto a fence and stared at the screen for a while, trying to figure out why it was making me nauseous despite not really doing anything in the game. Kind of wild how such a small thing that I consciously didn’t perceive was making my body want to blow chunks.

I’m not sure how old you are but… new prescription lenses triggered me at one point in my life. Then again I’m 55 so new prescriptions is an ongoing thing now. There are a couple other health related things that might be bugging you. Seems odd that the same fundamental game engine would give you grief. Not to be an alarmist, but early warning signs and all you know…

Borderlands makes me super sick too, unfortunately. So yeah I probably won’t get more of them despite that I like them.

Diego

Epic wants $60 for this

L O L

It’s a full game why is that surprising?

Couple hours in. The writing is so much better than Borderlands 3, then again it helps that you get the patter of Tiny Tina being the deranged GM.

The UI needs a major rethink for whatever the next installment will be. It’s groaning under the weight of so many systems now.

One of the reviews I watched on YT said the same thing.

I plan to pick this one up when it hits $30.

I figure by the time it gets to Steam it’ll be ~$20 and that’ll be about right. IIRC that was roughly BL3’s launch price on Steam.

The game itself is exactly the same though, right? I mean, as I mentioned earlier, I was excited when I thought it was borderlands with medieval weapons instead of guns, but thats not what this is, as I understand it.

Definitely a buy at about half price, as I like the Borderlands gameplay pretty much. Burned out on three though after the first one or two DLC; might eventually pick all of them up on super sale at some point.

I wouldn’t say exactly the same, but it’s not drastically different. You have guns, you have swords and axes and stuff for your melee weapon. There’s spells you can cast (replaces grenades) etc… I think it’s really well done and I’m having way more fun than I did with BL3, but it’s still Borderlands… The writing so far is wayyyyyyyyyy better. The settings have been cool so far as well. But if you are expecting a wide departure from the previous games you will be disappointed.

Awesome- thanks! Sounds like a good buy then. I’ve enjoyed the previous iterations, and I am sure this will be no different.

It’s not even really “medieval” weapons other than the melee options and the one brand of hand crossbows. The guns are all sci-fi guns. There’s even the shotgun type that has the energy shields that pop up when you go ADS. I guess the change from “grenades” to “magic spells” is the other concession to the setting, but really it’s Borderlands 3 with a D&D coat of paint and (at least so far) much better writing.

Ya I don’t know why they didn’t go all in on reskinning all the guns to fit the theme. It’s not a big deal, but it kind of feels lazy.

That’s because it is, this is a BL3 DLC that they decided to extend into a full-size game. Its ambitions are more limited. Doesn’t mean it’s trash, just have to take it as it comes.

choosing to move the weapon up and show less of the screen has helped with my motion sickness

Woo that’s good. It’s a fun game. I could see people wanting to wait for it to drop in price, but I don’t want to wait that long. And I may have to buy ANOTHER copy so I can play with my daughter. Life is hard.

Hey, Gearbox! Get your crappy SHIFT servers back online, or let me be offline without the game trying to log me in and waste my time.

LOL sounds like maybe I should play something else right now. Somewhat unrelated, but Elden Ring had like a bazillion people playing and I had almost no connection issues since launch. They are magical.

Lucky for you. :) I have constant connectivity issues in Elden Ring, one of the worst I’ve seen in a decade. Constant disconnects with friends, failures to summon, etc.