Titanfall 2 - Maybe this time it will retain players?

That sucks sharaleo.

Maybe they’re trying to match you geographically?

I’d try the attrition playlist maybe. On the PS4, that’s always the most full, although the PS4 never really has trouble finding matches in any list.

I think the last I bothered noticing, there were around 20k folks playing at that moment on the PS4. Not COD levels, but definitely enough to find matches easily. Not sure what’s on the PC though.

The only MP mode I’ve 100% without fail been able to start on PC is basic Attrition. Anything else is a coin toss.

Someone posted player numbers here in the forums (not this thread) and the PS4 had by far the greatest number of players with something like 140,000. The Xbone came in second followed by the PC and those numbers were considerably lower than the PS4.

I just tried finding a match myself and it shows there are 1900 players online but the match making takes forever to find a game. I didn’t stick around until it found one because I have to head out soon but Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm by comparison usually has around 2,000 players nightly. This is sad for a triple A title.

Titanfall 2 is my first EA game in years and I noticed there is no server browser - just the auto matching making thing. Is this how their other titles handle mutliplayer these days?

I am a 100% die hard for life PC gamer.

But, I bought Titanfall 2 on PS4 because I was worried about player numbers. The first game became a ghost town pretty quickly.

PS4 has been great for matchmaking of all types. less than 10 seconds to get matched most of the time.

So wow, this is already better than the first game in that it has a campaign, with good writing and characters I shockingly care about! I’m still in the first mission, but really am loving it.

They really need to match all platforms in these kind of games, or just add a bunch of “DLC” Stuff people can buy if they make a F2P account to fill up the playerbase.

a) "Buy the game “full price” - Get everything
b) “Play the game F2P” - “Very limited and no cosmetics that you either buy or ‘earn’ through a massive grind”
= More players

Well, the next update for TF2 should assist in the matchmaking.

Instead of either having “mixtape” or individual game types, you’ll just select whatever modes you want to play.

As it stands, the mixtape queue has less folks than attrition, because lots of folks don’t like certain modes. I, for instance, really dislike capture the flag. It’s just not my bag… But I like the variety with all the other modes.

Now, I generally play in the mixtape queue anyway, and on the PS4 it’s always full, but with the new system, I think it’ll be better.

The problem with all modes that aren’t “Deathmatch” or “Capture the Flag” in every first person shooter is most people won’t play them. Titanfall 2 added the really cool Bounty Hunt mode and if you play on PC, good luck finding people that play it anymore. It’s very frustrating because you’ll constantly hear bitching that there’s nothing new in first person shooters and yet anything new is typically scoffed at once it exists.

Does this game have bots at all for its multiplayer modes?

Negative. Attrition has AI forces, but they aren’t “bots” like you think of them. They’re more like MOBA creeps you farm, so they basically stand around and put up a token resistance.

Sigh, it’s a shame, bots are so great.

They do provide you with massive shame when you get killed by a grunt because you’ve been critically wounded by an opponent, and then the grunt plinks you with their BB gun.

Also, the reapers are basically mini titans, which actually CAN do significant damage, even when you’re in a titan, if you don’t ignore them.

But like Telefrog said, they’re not like enemy players… they’re more like dynamic aspects of the terrain that you’re fighting in.

Overall, I think it’s a pretty well done effect, as it gives the impression of a more densely packed battlefield. It also gives beginning players some easy kills so they’re doing something other than being murderized all the time.

Note, you DO want to kill grunts. They only give you 20% as much score as killing a player, but they do count for something, and they help you get your titan.

Yeah, pretty much this. My least favourite modes are Pilot vs. Pilot and Attrition just because they’re most like your standard team deathmatch. At least in Attrition there’s AIs and Titans. I do love a good objective based mode like Bounty Hunt, Hardpoint or Capture the Flag, and I’m looking forward to seeing what Live Fire does for pilot vs. pilot play.

Maybe they need to do a ‘weekly’ mission thing, like you got in Destiny, which nets extra rewards (whatever those may be) to get people to play that mission type at least a few times. Course, it will suck even more if you cant find anyone to do it then.

Live Fire mode is out now, and double XP this weekend.

Live Fire is a 6v6 Pilot vs Pilot mode, defeating THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THIS GAME. And in celebration if this, it’s also the only game mode that will offer double experience during the promotion. Whoopdie doo, more game modes I’ll never bother with.

Pilot vs pilot doesn’t defeat the purpose of this game, as its normal fps gameplay is masterfully done. I enjoy pilot vs pilot write a bit.

That being said, I fully understand your desire to always play with Titans, as the Titan gameplay is also masterfully done and more unique as far as other games go.

The make aurin of this patch though, which perhaps you will like, is the improvement to these matchmaking, allowing you to, for instance, queue for every game type EXCEPT pilot vs pilot, instead of being forced to either pick one game mode, or mixtape.

For me and my buddies, this is a key addition, as we don’t really like capture the flag much. But like all other modes.

Either way, I just want to reiterate that this game continues to be hugely enjoyable to me, and is definitely one of the best games I’ve played this generation.

So I’ve reached the first boss battle (am LOVING this so much by the way) and I keep dying. Any tips?

Also, this gave me a massive belly laugh.