Tom Clancy's The Division

You mean because Destiny fans are still awaiting that fabled expansion that will make the game super awesome as well?

Bungie made quite clear that there was not another expansion (If I remember it correctly).

Thats quite sad because I enjoyed every Destiny expansion, even the lousy ones, and I would absolutely buy, download and play any other expansion they release.

The Division expansions are a mystery because the live maintenance has been soo lacklustre, that it put a huge doubt they can actually implement the huge changes the future DLC’s represent. But the premise is sounding.

DayZ or other zombie-survival game invented the drop crates feature, and is quite simple to implement and potentially very fun. How can you screw something has simple has spawning a crate with good loot in random parts of the game? When other parts of the game hare so well done?

It feels like all the developers of the game have moved to the next project and what is left is the interns.

In the midst of all these half-baked missions and crummy mp deathmatch is a glorious model of post-apoc Manhattan. I can’t recall another developer having done so little with so much.

Mafia II.

9.5 million registered players of The Division.

That’s not the same as active players, but it’s still 9.5 million sales.

I’m intrigued by the claim that Rainbow Six Siege has doubled the audience for Rainbow Six, given what I’d seen on sales numbers. They don’t really define that metric, but still.

Also I had to laugh at their slide on the AC movie, which listed one of their goals as “Significant fan acquisition around the brand”. I reckon they should give Oscars for brand fan acquisition.

BEST GAME EVER (released in a February)

From April 12 to May 12 they went from 55000 to 12000 players on steamchart stats…

Guess that is why they focus on Sales and not active players. IN fact, It is better for them for players to quit playing so they can shut down their “servers” sooner.

Logged in tonight with the SO, wandered around the DZ for an hour looking in vain for something to kill, got ganked a few times by a squad of rogues.

We’re done.

“servers”…?

I play it for the single player or PvE.

Same - its an amazing game for its looks alone. I am happy with my 30-40 hours, and my GF has the same amount, so - money well spent!

All I want is some meaningful PvE out in the main part of the city and I’d be glad to sink another 100 hours into it.

Given how broken their netcode is against hackers, I’d really have to say PvE is all they have left until that’s fixed.

Free Update 1.2 is coming out next Tuesday and Massive has further outlined what’s going to be included.

For me probably the one I’m most interested in is High Value Targets which are boss hunting missions which will be appearing in the PvE section of the map. There will be daily and weekly High Value Target missions with some for solo play and some requiring a squad. Each target will be marked with a recommended Gear Score level. From what they’ve said we will need to carry out some “Search and Destroy” missions (obtainable from PvE area Safe Houses) in order to gain enough Intel to track down the High Value Target, then we’ll track them to their Lair and take them out.

They do say that “You’ll have a limited amount of time and only one chance to take down these targets.” which I hope means that once you kill them that’s it. If it means that if you wipe they’re gone, then I’m going to be very annoyed. Especially since if you’re hunting down a weekly squad HVT with a pickup group, there’s no telling if it’s going to go well or just be a clusterfuck. I’m okay if once you complete it, you can’t farm an individual one, since they’re supposed to be new ones daily and weekly.

They also don’t say what the reward is. The one shown in the Trailer is a Gear Score 80 one with 3500 credit reward, which might be appropriate for a GS 80 player. I hope the GS200 ones drop something more interesting than regular or Phoenix Credits.

Either way, it’s good to see that they’re going to revitalize the PvE map area.

Other information:

[ul]
[li] The new Incursion is against the Rikers and will include a checkpoint in the middle of the mission.[/li][li] Hard mode Incursion can be repeated for a GS 204 weapon or a GS214 Gear Item as many times as you want. The first time you run it each week you’ll get two drops instead of one.[/li][li] Challenge mode Incursion can be repeated for a GS 204 weapon or a GS240 Gear Item as many times as you want. The first time you run it each week you’ll get two drops instead of one.[/li][li] Four new Gear Sets (but no rise in maximum GS level).[/li][/ul]

Dark Zone changes:

[ul]
[li] You can now cut the rope of an extraction dropping all gear on it to the ground (and turning Rogue in the process).[/li][li] As previously announced there will be a GS200+ Dark Zone level added with much harder enemies (Level 32-34) and much better Loot Drops.[/li][/ul]

Trailer

Oh, good… more incentive for people to go rogue. That’s exactly what the game needs.

Worst $99 I spent this year.

Wonder how the SteamStats will look this time round. Might even login as well to check it out. Even though my GS is 190 so I bet I cant even do the new content. But from what I read, it would seem that you could get better drops than before.

Although, they artificially inflated the Gearscore on Set items to make them seem better than the Orange you already had… so we’ll see. Did they adjust that?

I.e. a level 30 set-item had a higher iLevel than a level 31 non-set item. Even though the level31 item was better in every stat + had a higher ‘stat ceiling’.

You should be fine for doing the new content with GS190. From what they said in last week’s state of the game broadcast, the currently listed GS score on the new incursion is completely wrong – the correct GS score for the new incursion is exactly the same as for the old incursion. So at GS190 you should be able to do Hard Mode on the new Incursion.

The GS score for the High Value Targets looks like it varies. The same one they show details on is GS 80, but it’s the lowest of the 6 on the list, so hopefully there will be a good range of GS score targets to go after.

Although, they artificially inflated the Gearscore on Set items to make them seem better than the Orange you already had… so we’ll see. Did they adjust that?

I.e. a level 30 set-item had a higher iLevel than a level 31 non-set item. Even though the level31 item was better in every stat + had a higher ‘stat ceiling’.

I think it makes sense for the Gear Sets to have higher GS numbers than regular items. If anything the Gear Sets are overpowering. (In fact Sentry is so overpowering it’s getting nerfed.).

As far as the stats on an individual item, yeah, you can get really good rolls on a lower GS item and have it actually be more effective than a higher GS item, or you can get better synergy with a number of lower GS items. But ultimately I think GS is a reasonable approximation. A GS 140 player is almost certainly going to be underpowered compared to a. GS200 player. A GS 160 player may or may not be underpowered compared to a GS 170 player.

Liking what I see about the patch so far. But dropping the patch the same day as the release of Overwatch and (less impactful but more important to me) Total War:Warhammer is going to mean I give the patch a lot less screen time or put it off till later in the week.

Has the Extra Credits critique video been discussed here, and can someone comment on whether it is at all on the mark? Is the tone jarringly authoritarian, or has it been taught to us slowly enough through enough Assassins’ Creeds and Infamous-es that we just don’t notice it now?