Tom Clancy's The Division

If that’s the three parter where you end with a sniper up overlooking your position and scaffolding to climb up to her, IMO that’s probably the hardest missions at that level range. My next suggestion is to do encounters and side missions around the Base of Operations and then try Maddison Square Garden again – I always had trouble on the basketball court, where I would get flanked and then destroyed. You may also find the other story missions easier (Subway Morgue or Lincoln Tunnel). In general the side missions and security/medical/tech missions are probably easier. When I was running a character through with my brother, we always had a rough time with the main missions when we’re were on level, so I always tried to do side missions first to make sure we were a bit over the recommended level.

For what its worth - I tried coming back at level 21, in a level 18-20 area, and was promptly oneshot by a sniper, 4 times in a row.

Something definitely has changed in the lower levels.

Cheaters now get perma-banned no more 14 day suspension.

I wonder what constitutes a cheat in the game though.

• If you farmed the bullet king when it was possible, was that cheating?

Whoever decided that parties doing missions cant have players drop in while playing must have NEVER played a online game with a pick up group ever.

Trying to do the “new” incursion with PUGS.

First run.
3 guys who have higher gear score than me join, and one of them starts rushing forward, so I decide to follow him, thinking he knows what to do.
We run to the first objective (get a bomb thingy to blow a container x 2). Meanwhile, the other two guys drop out.
We manage to get past the first checkpoint with just two of us, and we proceed to the next part where you have to disable something then carry a battery and plug it into a thingy. So I do that, and the other guy is just running around oneshotting everything (think he was cheating tbh) before he dies to artillery, I have to run over and revive him, then I try to get the second battery, and he goes on and dies again… only this time I’m too far away, so he drops out of party.

So there I am, all alone, with some progress made, and now I have to run back to the entrance to “Re-queue” for the mission.

Second group:
I join, again 3 guys with higher gear-score than me, one guy drops, the other guy who is party leader doesn’t re-queue for matchmaking, so the other guy drops, then the party leader himself drops (since he doesn’t know what to do I would assume) and I’m all alone again.

Third group:
So I’m still at the entrance and I press the re-queue button, and immediately 3 guys join the party.
We run forward to the first encounter and immediately one of the guys “loses his connection”, but the other 3 of us press on.
We blow up the container and proceed past checkpoint 1 to the second encounter with the helicopter turret shooting at us and whatnot…
Except, one of the guys decides he would rather stand outside the “arena” while me and another guy are inside trying to get the thing done.
But the other guy inside the arena with me thinks he is invulnerable and runs to the ‘button’ and dies (probably to artillery) while i’m alone there fending for myself.
So the guy who died in the arena now drops party… and the guy who was standing outside drops party.

At any point in this mission, I would have been able to continue if it was POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN.
Instead, if someone drops party, you basically have to restart the whole damn thing.

Fucking idiots.

The world is filled with idiots, dude. But when a PUG goes great it can be amazing. Playing PUG is like rolling dice - sometimes you get the A-team and you’re tearing shit up with randos but usually it’s more like Lord of the Flies.

I think the “idiots” he’s referring to are the developers…

Probably! Though I do call a lot of those PUGs guys idiots because like instant0 was describing, a lot of them like to stand around and just wait for drops while everyone does the hard work, or just go Leroy and end up wiping the team, again and again until someone gives up and drops.

Oh yeah, idiots in PUGs have been the bane of online gaming since there has been online gaming.

I thought pugs were those cute dogs with the smooshed faces. Who knew they had it in them to be the bane of online gaming?

Dogs are crafty beasts.

Ubisoft licensed movies: The new prestige films.

I feel like this game is better as a movie. Tired of shooting dudes in the head thousands of times.

I’m guessing this is going to go the way of a Halo movie, even though it is being shopped around with Jake “Prince of Persia” Gyllenhaal and Jessica “Snow White 2: No More Snow White” Chastain attached. As the Variety article notes, this isn’t an actual movie yet, but a package deal Ubisoft plans to peddle to various studios. I suspect the box office of the Assassin’s Creed movie will have a lot to do with whether anyone buys it?

As for a Tom Hardy Splinter Cell, that’s pretty much dead in the water, isn’t it? I’m not sure why Variety implied it was an active project at Paramount.

-Tom

Where you go blind, fail to get into university and drunkenly sell your wife, while uncovering a highest of stakes global terror plan!

Ok as I begin to stray from my Fallout 4 survival mode --this game any fun? Single player?

I would not recommend it if you are looking for a single-player game.

You can work through almost all of the storyline solo, then look for pickup groups for the rest. But this is designed as a multiplayer game, so you’ll be swimming upstream. The PvP zone, which is a core part of the endgame, is particularly unapproachable for solo players.

I’ve had friends tell me otherwise, that that the story was ok and that they enjoyed the combat and loot hunt, but ymmv I guess.

I enjoyed the storyline. More fun if you can group w/ 1 or two humans for the tougher missions and definitely repetitive, but worth the time even solo. I barely touched PvP.

The official movie announcement:

[quote]
The Division is coming to the big screen, and no, we’re not talking about that time you ran the Falcon Lost Incursion on your buddy’s projector. The battle to restore order to Manhattan is being made into a movie by Ubisoft Motion Pictures, and will star Jessica Chastain (Interstellar, Zero Dark Thirty) and Jake Gyllenhaal (End of Watch, Nightcrawler).

In addition to starring in the film, both Chastain and Gyllenhaal will be a part of the development process through their production companies, Freckle Films and Nine Stories, respectively. The pandemic-stricken streets of The Division are filled with countless stories of love, loss, treachery, and heroism, but we’ll have to wait to find out what avenues the film will explore.

The Division is the latest Ubisoft property to join the Ubisoft Motion Picture production line-up. Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, and Rabbids movies are all in development, and of course, Assassin’s Creed starring Michael Fassbender will be released this winter on December 21st.[/quote]