Tom Clancy's The Division

That’s amazing. Not being someone that knows NY city intimately I always thought The Division just did a rough approximation. I can appreciate the craftsmanship and artistry so much better knowing how exact their level design is. Thanks for sharing.

I am also spoilt by The Division so much so that now, other games looked pale in comparison - literally the graphics is so good that other games just look plain!

Yeah, I’ve only been to Manhattan a handful of times and one of those was explicitly for the purpose of touring any locations from Ghostbusters that I could find, so I wasn’t sure how true to life the game actually is. That’s cool to hear.

I don’t mean to imply it’s a one-to-one map of the city. It isn’t. But they did specific locations very well, obviously working from photographs.

I really hope we get another expansion, or that TD2 is in the works. It’s just a great game, even without zombies.

While there’s not much in (video game) life that’s better than popping the head of a zombie with a high powered firearm, I believe this game has one that is: there’s not much more satisfying than getting a perfect shot on a cleaner’s tank, then seeing that little telltale flame, then the cleaner whirling around in a panic before he explodes. Oh man, I will never get tired of that.

The recent Ubigames look amazing - I’m thinking of Wildlands and Origins. Unity too, although they dialled it back for Syndicate.

Ubisoft is supposed to be making a “big” announcement today. It just so happens to be the 2nd anniversary of The Division…

And there it is!

Today, we have an important announcement from the development team of Tom Clancy’s The Divisionfor you.

The past few years have been incredible for the team here at Massive ! When we started working on The Division , it was immediately clear to us that we had something very special here and something we really wanted to do right from the start. But we also knew that we would not be able to achieve this ambitious goal without your help.

Since the release of The Division 2 years ago, we have remained true to this philosophy. We have repeatedly used opportunities to interact with you. Be it via livestreams, polls or just social media. Also, the introduction of the Public Test Server was a way to immediately get feedback from you before we implement new extensive features or make changes to the game. We’ve never stopped striving to make The Division even better, and our recent update 1.8 is testimony to how we can see your overwhelming feedback and support.

All these new opportunities and experiences have also improved the team’s internal processes. We have become quicker and can thus respond better to your feedback. But our vision of what matters to us and what makes The Division so memorable for so many people has never been clearer.

However, when we released our game in 2016, it was clear to us that it was just the opening chapter of a much bigger saga, so we’re excited to share more with you today about what awaits you in The Division Universe next.

We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Enginethat will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we’ve accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

But that is not all. The division continues. After the celebrations of our 2 year anniversary, we will support the game with 2 more title updates. These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.

In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play ‘Crests’, which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

The teams are extremely grateful for all the support over the past two years and we can not wait to show you what we have planned for The Division 2 during the E3 2018 in June.

Perversely I suppose, I’m hoping it’s not coming too soon. I still have lots more to do in the first game! Cool to hear about that Xbox One X enhancement though.

Seems like it’ll be a bit second division.

Same here. Despite putting in hundreds of hours, there’s still so much to see and do. I appreciate the amount of work they put into the game and just want to suck it all in. Good to hear that they will still enhance Div 1 with more missions - I suppose Div 2 will take a few more years to develop. They can take their sweet own time. He he.

So still no zombies, huh? C’mon, Ubisoft, quit dragging your feet! Way to miss the perfect opportunity to really boost the game on its two-year anniversary.

-Tom

If we can earn Division 2 rewards in Division 1 starting in June, I believe the sequel is set for winter 2018.

Seriously? I might be able to avoid the first one and go straight to the sequel if it’s not too far off. Do we expect Manhattan again or do we not know yet?

Everyone knows Brooklyn is where it’s at.

I think they going to Paris.

Am I mistaken or is the assault modifier for this week’s global event making the event much easier than last week’s? The infection modifier could take you out pretty quickly if you got too close, whereas this week your weapons do way more damage the closer you are to enemies and in the few missions I tried last night at least, we just tore through everyone.

I had a better run over this past weekend’s global event than the one immediately prior, since I irked out a plan that staggered hitting the open world bosses with playing missions with others. Didn’t get a full set of classified gear, but I did get 4 classified reclaimer pieces. Also The House! Now I see what all the fuss is about, thing is a beast.

After finally getting the ban I complained about upthread overturned, I hopped back in this weekend. Great event to do so – geared up with a 4pc Nomad and a shotgun and ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. A lot less overwhelming focusing on all the new modes and systems when the combat was fairly trivial. And the Dark Zone (save for a speed hacker I ran into) isn’t nearly as terrible as it used to be! Which is good because it sounds like the most reliable way to score a NinajBike pack.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I finally got ganked in the dark zone in one of my excursions over the weekend. It was really weird though; I saw the guy running toward me, but he didn’t fire on me until I fired first. Then he killed me, but didn’t take any of my stuff. I was ready to bail and say “that’s just how it goes sometimes” but then I decided what the heck, I’ll go back and see if I can catch him by surprise. So I went back to my body and my stuff was still there, dude didn’t even take the loot I dropped, but he was gone. So I went ahead and extracted and left. Not really sure what happened.