Tom's coming back

“I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member”

Ahh, finally something on which we can agree.

Er…

These guys with “banned” under their name - Hans, Kalle, Raife, Cubit… is that accurate? Are they the first casualties? Because I don’t see one under Brett’s name and I’m wondering what the fuck.

Er…

These guys with “banned” under their name - Hans, Kalle, Raife, Cubit… is that accurate? Are they the first casualties? Because I don’t see one under Brett’s name and I’m wondering what the fuck.

Yep.

Your Qt3 account
Apologies for the impersonal nature of this message, but I’ve attempted to work directly with almost every one of you. It hasn’t ended well. I consider that my failing as much as yours and I wish it could have turned out differently. Since you’re one of the folks who is unhappy enough with how I’ve run the forum, I’m going to save you the gesture of quitting. I think you’ll agree that we have what could be called irreconcilable differences. Therefore, it’s best we go our separate ways. As of today, you won’t have posting privileges. You have a week to send out PMs if you want to grouse, commiserate, or just let folks know how to reach you. Your account will be completely closed a week from today. I wish you the best.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I assumed since I got into absolutely zero fights since last time, I’d be safe, but nah, Tom just really really really wanted to get back at all of us. We’re just not worthy of sharing a forum with you all. Cheerio, guys!

Abilio

Thanks.

That should totally have been in EE. Or maybe P&R.

Anybody that thought Brett was going to be banned has not paid any attention to how banning works around here.

I know how it worked in the past. I just figured that if you were going to draw up a list of posters who are “a net negative” to use Tom’s phrase, he’d be top 3 easy.

It would be nice to start with a clean slate of sorts and not ban anyone from the get-go. It is the new year and all. And according to some, the last year as well. But Tom did specifically mention that he tried to work with those individuals and they came to an impasse. That’s sad. Personally, I think all or most of those that are getting the axe are generally productive posters whose contributions greatly outweigh their flaws. Come on Tom, be a nice guy and give them one more chance! You can always ban them later! :)

Child please.

Tom has never cared about zero-value trolls. The only way to be rid of brett-kin is to starve them of the attention-oxygen they live off of.

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

The person you’re replying to has been banned.

And yet my point remains valid.

I know, I just thought it was funny (in a non-humorous sort of way).

Also a valid point.

I feel kinda bad the last thing anyone got to say to him on the forum was “Child please.”

Maybe that was it? Can someone respond to Brett with “Child please” to test it?

Where do you guys think the erstwhile members will go? I want to continue reading awesome Dark Souls posts.

https://twitter.com/slutbomb

Huh. Well thanks for pointing me to the Gulch.

Sheesh, that forum has a lot of ranting about how much worse Qt3 is now then it used to be. Love the conspiracy theories too.