Total War: Warhammer 2

Yeah, I think what I liked about it so much was that it just kept getting harder and it was you against pretty much everyone, sort of like Shogun 2 realm divide, only it started almost from the second the campaign started, haha. Good stuff.

And just to return to main thread topic, I’m not so sure about this vortex business, have to see it in action to feel comfortable with the idea they’ve not over narrated the ending. And I wish they’d go ahead and tell us what the next historical setting is, knowing that it’s one they’ve not done before makes me all the more interested in hearing what they decided on.

Yea yea yea! Warhammer total war 2. Yea yea yea! That first trailer was so s exciting. Not sure if it’s all the Ned’s I’m hopped up on but I was cheering.

That’s excellent, I love how they animated them.

Yeah, they look great. Bring on Warhammer 2!

Can’t wait for this game!

sic semper elvenkind

Ulthuan delenda est!

I know that Warhammer and Warhammer 2 are supposed to somehow fuse together and make a larger map, but has it been explained exactly how this will happen?

Can factions from 1 easily play factions from 2 on maps from either game?

Seems like it would be complicated to do but really neat if they pull it off.

From comments Creative Assemly has dropped in various interviews, I believe it’s not really the Warhammer and Warhammer 2 maps combined together. Instead it’s a third map, presumably with a somewhat different scale encompassing the same area as Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

So if you own game 1 and game 2, you will have 3 different options (not counting DLC) of campaigns to play:

Old World (game 1 map, exactly what you can play now, only mode available if you only own game 1), New World (game 2 map, no interaction with game 1 map, including whatever special vortex features, only mode available if you only own game 2) and the combined “Mega Map”. The Mega Map is supposed to be all of game 1’s map, and a slightly truncated game 2 map. The game 2 map is allegedly about 30% larger than the game 1 map. What they will truncate is anyone’s guess at this point. My guess is a big chunk of the southern new world.

Will the Vortex play a big or any part of the mega campaign? Don’t know, though it seems like they are leaning no since they haven’t mentioned it to my knowledge. We have no idea how much non game-specific content will be in each campaign. For example, there is a Vampire Count in the new world who is basically a pirate king, and has zombie pirates. Will he only be in the mega campaign - possibly even as an alternate start choice for VC? Will he be in the game 2 campaign but only as an opponent? Will he be in both in some capacity?

I mean, Skavenblight is in the Old World. It’s actually visible on the map for game 1. Will the Skaven show up as opponents in Warhammer 1 if you don’t buy Warhammer 2? You can ask these questions all day long but we’ve really got no clue. Based on past results they don’t seem particularly adverse to adding DLC stuff as opponents that you can’t play as but can play against, so anything is possible.

It’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Some information from a few gaming sites that got some hands on time. Nothing really specific though, from what I’ve read so far, but some interesting tidbits nonetheless.

In the tradition of all the great games in the Total War series that had come before it, this latest effort from Creative Assembly felt remarkably solid. That’s in part because of the amount of time the team has spent balancing it.

“We’ve got a really clever system,” explained Al Bickham, Creative Assembly’s development communications manager. “When everyone goes home at night, it takes over their work PCs and uses them for auto-testing. It’s sort of like Folding@Home. It’s a distributed system that just grabs spare CPUs and runs the latest build in the background.”

The campaign map of Warhammer 2 will feature armies made up of units from different races, which you’ll need to deal with before they become a threat to your settlements. We’ve never seen this before.

“It’s an interesting campaign mechanic,” said Roxburgh. “But it also generates lots of cool battles that you’d never usually see.”

Sounds like we’ll get lots more info at E3.

You know I kinda feel burned out on Warhammer. Heresy I know. I think watching all those YouTube competitive videos kind of burned me out.

With that weird preternatural ability i seem to have, i had a feeling to check CA’s blog today about future historic content, and low and behold…an update today.

[quote]HISTORICAL NEW CONTENT TEAM

The most recent project team to kick into full production is now working on a particularly large Campaign Pack DLC for one of our more recent historical releases. It’s an expansion we’ve been wanting to do for a while now, so very happy that we’ve been able to get it into the schedule for later in the year.

At the moment, this team is building art content and working on the update for the main game needed to accommodate the new expansion. We will certainly be sharing more details when we can.[/quote]

I’m assuming that’s for Attila.

They also did a stream yesterday that talked about the unit roster for the high elves, and that sounds like a lot of amazing units all packed into one faction. Three types of dragons, and two types of Pheonix! That’s awesome.

As much as i would assume that as well, there is an ever just slight chance it would be for Rome 2, simply on Rome’s still higher player count than Attila (which honestly boggles me).

The latest Steam numbers (as of right now, so probably lower being in the middle of the week, but just showing for proportion):

3,942 4,300 Total War: ATTILA
6,888 7,838 Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition
8,877 10,271 Total War: WARHAMMER

Looks like this got a release date (9/18/2017) and a fancy $149 physical edition. I didn’t think it would be coming out so soon, that’s pretty freaking exciting!

https://getwarhammer2.totalwar.com/us#/cart

Skaven confirmed, as well!

One of the Phoenixes is made of radiant ice.

I wish it was historic. Although I recognize the amazing battles in Warhammer I with we’d get a new total war historical. Looks like Nordica expansion Warhammer to me.