Total War: Warhammer 3

Man I cannot wait for this! 2022 is a long ways away. This and the CK3 DLC are what I’m most excited for next year I think.

This and distant worlds 2 maybe. New dell i guess but its about time.

Wow this cpu has really handled things well for 3 years. But Total War is usually why I upgrade.

Apparently someone screwed up and revealed Ogres are the pre-order in some banner ads.

So, probably Ogres tomorrow?

Pre-order race, Ogre Kingdoms confirmed! Release date as well, Feb 17, 2022!

FAQ updated too

Brb getting something to eat.

EDIT: someone mind helping me how to embed a damn vid properly so I don’t come across as a complete clutz? :D

GamePass is so damn good.

Hmm, good for new players, but for most of us in the thread, I assume that’s not going to do us much good if we need all purchases on the same “platform” to play Mortal Empires (or whatever the WH3 equivalent is) along with all our DLC.

Generally just tossing the URL will work for embed. Discourse will sort it out.

Thanks!

That map!

Just edit out the bracketed part you added, it will sort itself out with just the raw link on it’s own line.

Thanks for the tips! Here is an in game vid of the Ogres and friends :D

And IndyPride analysis if parsing notes isn’t your thing:

The Ogres look like an incredibly fun faction to play.

CA releasing some battles into the wild via YTers:

Holy crap is the map massive.

Yeah looking at the settlement battles, they really improved map size and with it, added a tactical layer of building different things like barriers, defensive range structures, choke points, bridges etc. Looks great and I hope the AI can handle that all well.

I’m hoping it was just it being pre-release, but the defending AI in the one battle was very uninspiring. Many of the defending units just sat until something attacked them and didn’t support troops being attacked nearby.

I’m not holding my breath for any real AI improvements and the latest round of videos pretty definitively shows that the AI is still terrible. I’d settle for a minor improvement… maybe something along the lines of the AI being able to use any spells other than Warp Lightning remotely usefully. It’s always fun going up against the Vampire Counts, dealing 5 points of damage to a zombie unit and having the AI immediately Invocation it. Or better yet Wind of Deathing their own army into oblivion because they cast it in the wrong direction.

My actual concern is that the minor settlement battle looks extremely long. It is cool, but I don’t want every village to be a 20+ minute slog. And I bet the smart way to attack them will still be just to go all out on one direction in most cases. Time will tell.