Total War: Warhammer 3

I think he is a Slaanesh guy, if you get my drift.

I finished Cathay but never manually played a single caravan fight thinking it was more an economy based thing. Probably why they got wiped out and then were so totally underlevled when i rebuilt them. Ultimately i had to stop it altogether but money was never an issue so I didn’t even bother with it after that.

This looks good to me, at least. Some very cool changes. I really like getting mounts automatically now, for example, the bug fixes feel very important and good priority to me.

Still same base campaign, this seems like mostly balance tweaks and minor fixes. So the game is still dumb. C’mon Immortal Empires!

That’s a bit reductive - yes the main campaign isn’t going to change, and if you think it is I have some bad news for you - they will spend all their efforts on Immortal Empires now, in terms of creating “new” content, and not really work too much on the OG campaign. I think we can all agree that’s what we want though, right? And so these changes are just improvements to the all-important gameplay base, as without a strong foundation, Immortal Empires doesn’t really do a lot either, right? So this is a great patch, because all the changes are welcome ones to the way the actual game itself plays, at least in my opinion.

Come back in October

I have no idea how they are going to encourage more field battles when they love their shitty new city mess so much

I think we said the same thing in different ways :)

You said the game was dumb, but if you were talking about the campaign being dumb, then probably yes.

There’s only one campaign in the game right now, and it’s dumb, so the game is dumb. All just my opinion of course, I have no trouble with players that like the realms of chaos campaign.

I was thinking of skirmish and multiplayer. They are still in and patches like this one does improve those modes.

Fair point! I disregarded skirmish because I never do it but there are obviously people that enjoy that and I imagine TWWH3 is just fine for them.

From an overall playerbase perspective though:

I read that as over 5,000 people are still playing it. Probably multiplayer, I assume, and/or skirmish modes. Which is what most Warhammer folks come for, as it’s based on their mini-combat tabletop war game.

The raw numbers are un-interesting, and I don’t read much into the TWWH2 having more players since TWWH3 launched on more/different stores than TWWH2. The only number I thought noteworthy was the 30% decline in average players over the last 30 days.

They are burning bridges with the playerbase and killing their available DLC market until they have a good campaign in the game.

Honestly, I thought it would be a lot more than less than a third - I think more folks must like the campaign than I had believed. I don’t really like it, though I haven’t played it much so most of my disdain ironically comes from comments from folks that I assume know better than I do. I should probably really give it a more fair shake at some point. Sounds like I’ll have plenty of time before the Immortal Empires drops (out of beta).

I wonder if someone can mod that? I have always despised sieges with a passion as I love the open- field battlegrounds for battles. I never understood why they had to muck up battle sites in Rome2 to make so many scenarios less open air.

There are mods that reduce or eliminate siege battles in minor settlements.

Do you have anything to back that up (And I don’t mean that as antagonistic as it sounds - sorry)? I’ve NEVER heard before the multiplayer and skirmish is what people play this for? Every single comment I’ve ever read was about the campaigns - in every total war game. If that is true, its kinda earth-shattering to my perception of what people play these games for.

Just anecdotal evidence, like how my youtube front page tends to have footage of matches between top players, stuff like that. I just assume that there is a thriving multiplayer community, since most games like this have one, and just because it’s not my thing (or yours) doesn’t mean it isn’t out there.

It’s that or we have 5k players still into the campaign.

huh - interesting. I consider myself a somewhat big Total War fan, having followed and played all the games since Shogun, but I think I can count on one hand the times I’ve tried the battles instead of campaigns.

But, you could be totally right of course - I just never considered people actually did play them!

Don’t forget for a lot of gamers Warhammer is a pure 1v1 tabletop miniatures war game, and part of the success of specifically the Warhammer version of this franchise is the blending of that fan base.

But also the point buy skirmish mode is a ton of fun - I recommend it, and playing against human players looks like a lot of fun, though not my scene, I can see the appeal.