Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

Every day I wonder why we still have a criminal liar as a President. Why is this allowed to stand?

Because people voted Republican.

Lets them own the Libs for 4 years.

I think it’d be more efficient if the Ethics offices would just report on the actual ethical things that the current administration and appointees do. Keep it positive (and very, very brief!)

There would never be any updates.

He did disclose it. Because he had to. Just like the article said.

I’m pretty sure this means Avenatti/Daniels just won their lawsuit. No Trump signature, no contract.

That’s an interesting angle, and I can’t think offhand how they work around that in the President’s defense.

Could you say that Daniels cashing the check made the deal legal? I mean you don’t always have to have an actual signed contract to have a legal agreement between people. If Trump’s lawyers can say that Daniels received the check and knew that it was meant to satisfy the terms of the contract, and she deposited it, then perhaps a counter-signature isn’t necessary.

I guess that would be central to the defense. The problem here would be that on a disclosure of this nature, and do to the nature of the personal relationship, an explicit execution of the NDA by signature is required…or payment delivered by party executing the NDA (Trump himself).

No, the article didn’t say he had to.

Payment was for services rendered?

Right. He could have not, and provided a potentially Democratic-controlled House and Senate EZ mode in an impeachment hearing.

I mean…free country and all. If you wanna pay the penalty, you can do whatever I guess.

But realize: Trump considered the consequences of NOT disclosing and realized that in practicality he must do so. Which is the premise of that article.

It certainly would have provided ammunition if that were to happen, yes. Not disputing that. But it is far from certain that will come to pass. If they had said it was his best option or that he should, I would have had no problem with it. But we both know this President and conventional wisdom are like oil and water.

May someday deserve it’s own thread, but also from his disclosure:

Like directly? Or through the Trump Org?

Go ahead and give Ronan all the Pulitzers. Goodness did NBC blow that.

From the article:

Whatever the explanation for the missing reports, the appearance that some, but not all, had been removed or restricted troubled the official who released the report last week. “Why just those two missing?” the official, who feared that the contents of those two reports might be permanently withheld, said. “That’s what alarms me the most.”

It’s an old saying but true - It’s not the crime, it’s the coverup!