Trump supporters storm the Capitol Building

Republican? :)

My guess is he will tell you he’s an independant because people like that take pride being “independant thinkers.” Then he will go and vote for all the Republicans.

hmm good question. He’s a never Trumper. I think he just doesn’t like that Trump is dumb. The policies he’s probably all for.

FTFY - This is the trend I see. All the rest holds.

I now avoid talking to several co-workers outside of pretty much purely business stuff now as a result of the last 4 years, and more-so since 1/6.

Eugene Goodman deserves a Presidential Medal of Freedom a hell of a lot more than Bill Belichick and some fucking pro golfers.

Yes, you’re right. Libertarian is the new hotness. Don’t tax me or make me responsible for anything, but I still want all the nice things government gives us.

I was just making a flippant joking comment because he checked all the boxes. He’s blind to racism, watches Shapiro, whines about cancel culture and thinks Christians are oppressed. It pretty much describes the Fox News demo and programming. So my flippant comment was meant in a “So you mean he’s a Republican?” kind of way. :)

“People love what I have to say. They believe in it. They just don’t like the word Nazi, that’s all.”

Stormfront, The Boys.

That’s the Katrina general.

Yes, seems like a good choice at first glance. I’m sure the GOP will object anyway since I believe he has been critical of the Trump administration at times.

He’s apparently a Republican, although this will make him a “RINO” to the traitors.

Question for the more knowledgeable here about pardons…

I know that a pardon from the President essentially forgives whatever the person pardoned has been charged with or convicted of. But what if they haven’t been convicted? If the FBI doesn’t charge the insurrectionists of more serious crimes until after 12:01 next Wednesday, would a pardon before then still cover them, as the ‘crime’ would have happened before that?

Now, THEREFORE, I, GERALD R. FORD, President of the United States, pursuant to the pardon power conferred upon me by Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, have granted and by these presents do grant a full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he, Richard Nixon, has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974.

Thanks. Could have researched it, figured it’d be faster to ask here (and I was right).

See also: Carter pardon of draft dodgers.

The problem is that there was an understanding that Nixon would disappear. Pardon Trump in the same way and he’ll just run again and/or never go away. There’s no sense of propriety governing his behavior, only whether or not he’s legally on the hook or not, whether he’ll make money or not.

Biden will not pardon Trump. Trump will pardon himself. Which is probably going to happen, despite all the warnings his lawyers are throwing at him.

It’ll be the last life preserver he has left, and his entire modus operandii is to fight everything in the courts tooth and nail, even after he has lost.

I’m still going with my prediction that Trump is gonna die in prison.

If by prison you mean Russian dacha. Trump’s not going to jail even if he’s convicted. He’ll flee the country and hide under some dictator’s wings and try to negotiate a return in exchange for not selling the country out.

Like any coward without principles nothing is off the table if things go south for him.