Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital Like

Bummer but not unexpected. Also remembered that the laptop also has a NVidia GeForce 720M, but I doubt that will make a difference.

IIRC the 720M isn’t really designed with gaming in mind, the HD 4000 is probably better for that.

I’m really not a fan of laptops as gaming devices though, but then I never travel or need to take my gaming PC anywhere else in the house, so I’m lucky that way.

I’m not a fan of gaming on a laptop myself, but I didn’t want to try and bring my desktop to France. It’s a pretty large tower. So laptop it is…

Probably a wise choice. :)

playing Slay The spire and Into The Breach was perfect on the laptop …

Antihero would run great on that laptop! ;)

I’m having fun just mucking about and working on my second hospital. Perhaps I’m just too stupid to really pick up on the signals, but I’m struggling a bit to figure out the needs of my hospital.

eg How many toilets / vending machines / seats do I need per staff member, or why do some rooms have queues and some don’t? I guess its due to the efficiency of the doc / nurse? Starting to suspect there are quite a few mechanics that I’m not aware of and all this might be a lot more complicated…

I believe you can still get the golden toilet if you sign up for the newsletter on the main game site. :)

I have played A LOT of Slay the Spire since June. My total hours is now over 200 - I probably had 40 or 50 hours before we came to France.

Wouldn’t you just love another player to humiliate :-)
I think I came close to beating you once. That must count for something. Is there a Steam achievement for that?

I’m owed a golden toilet from the newsletter! How do I cash it in?

I had a quick play on mission 1 today.

I’m very disappointed that in a game released in 2018 I can’t make the mousewheel move instead of rotate, and that using the mousewheel to rotate is the wrong way round. :(

Just go to twopointhospital.com and link your Steam account for the golden toilet.

I played 77 minutes of this first thing this morning. I admit I have not flt compelled to return. Its…OK… in a ‘strategyish game made for casual console gamers and with a PC port’ kind of way, but it feels like the design was locked in about 2000, without any reference to what PC management/tycoon gamers want these days.

I’ll wager that nobody on the design team has played prison architect or rimworld or factorio. Its not for gamers who like that stuff. I suspect its aimed squarely at people who just want to play theme hospital again.
I find it nice lookingish… (but what isn’t?) but there is very little depth. I can ‘unlock’ 10 differnet posters to improve the prestige of my hospital, but apart from a different texture they are identical in gameplay terms. The game is riddled with stuff like that.

I reckon it will sell well, but I don’t think player numbers will be high after the initial launch rush. YMMV.

I remember doing that. I didn’t actively look for the golden toilet in game. I’ll do that when I next look.

I do kind of agree with @cliffski - games like this often suffer from doing the same thing in each hospital, as there’s not much depth beyond the initial roster of buildings and items. Whilst there’s the ability to apply microoptimisations to item placement, as in Theme Hospital, the depth seems to stop there as there’s no ‘system’ of having to really design anything.

Still, I look forward to playing, but that’s probably because I just want to play Theme Hospital again …

Also, whilst I was delighted to see you could make non-square rooms, I was dissapointed to see you can only place one door. I wanted a complicated one way system!

It’s listed in my DLC.

Did you like Theme Hospital by chance, and if you had a choice to play Theme Hospital or this, which would you choose?

Yes, this is clearly aimed at those who like less crunchy games like Cities: Skylines, but not every strategy game needs to be a complex puzzle (that frequently cracks with an optimal boring building strategy anyway).

Good, I suck at Prison Architect, Rimworld, and Factorio.

amazingly ive never played theme hospital :D

Well then that makes that question pretty hard.