Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

Reality Pump, makers of Two Worlds and the more recent Raven’s Cry, is done.

I find it sad, because I actually liked what little I played of Two Worlds II. That magic system was really interesting.

… but no. For all those people eager for Two Worlds III, your prayers at last are answered. 36 short months.

and dlc for TWII. It’s a crazy old world.

So, just installed this on Steam…
And what the fuck…

A game on steam that has a input box for a serial before you’re able to play the game, that doesn’t allow you to cut and paste… and isn’t happy enough with the serial key you enter but ALSO requires you to register with a bunch of extra details as well as sending some of your hardware details… THEN shows you a huge banner advertisement for some other shitty game the company has made…

Think you’re better off replacing the executable with a “nocd” version than to go through all that bs.

Not to mention it autolaunched in something closer to 2800x1400 resolution, windowed-fullscreen when my monitor was set to run at 1920x1080.

You wonderful brave man.

Your hatred has only begun, wait until you start playing.

Are they not still working on some kind of DLC for this LOL

This is a good game. Do yourself a favor and play as a mage, otherwise you will be missing out on the best magic system ever made.

Is a really cool game, don’t stop because dumb problems in the installation process.

They are! In fact, they just announced the release date today for Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae.

May 25th.

The standalone version will be $14.99, and the DLC add-on version will be $9.99. Oddly, there will be a “season pass” for Call of Tenebrae that will get you two new multiplayer maps (whut??) and some other stuff that hasn’t been announced.

Another DLC “Shattered Embrace” will release in the latter end of the year. I’m not clear on if that’s part of the Tenebrae season pass.

There were separate coop maps in TW2 as I recall. There’s actually a mod called Merged Worlds or something that adds all their regions back to the main campaign map.

Why yes, I am playing the dlc. Seems… ok so far. Can’t remember how to play though. Can I still summon stuff as a warrior I wonder?

This is the game with the card based magic system, right? Where you can build your own spells?

Yup. Great magic system. Too bad the rest of the game is not up to the same standard. Still worth playing, though.

Yeah… I see I did this years ago, and stand by it. This game had the best magic system of any game ever.

You can make a spell where it shoots a tracking fireball at an enemy, then turns into a tornado, and summons anvils to fall from the sky into the tornado to get spun around and smash into the bad guy.

It’s just unbelievably cool.

I figure the rest of the game must have been fairly mediocre, as I remember literally none of it other than the magic system.

So all console commands have been disabled and they added a microtransaction store in the new patch?

What the fuck?! This was a ‘free’ update, right? As in if I didn’t have it installed in Stream, I can now never get back to a non-fuckeryised version? Also, time to disable automatic patching on everything if this becomes a new norm.

This pretty much says it all.

This seems like a hilariously bad idea all around. What the fuck?

Yeah, I sadly installed this myself, but have uinstalled it right away again - no way I want to be seen as any kind of supporting telemetric.