Valheim - a viking multiplayer exploration and survival game by Coffee Stain

Was going for a nice sail in my new boat and ran into a sea serpent.

Not the best screenshot but I was busy fleeing.

I zig zagged to avoid his attacks and made for some shallows.

![20210209131800_1|888x500](upload://5bfKyNkAcdwNC1Gn3eNbzv![20210209131900_1|888x500]

Once safe on land I got a slightly better shot.

Saw this and am intrigued:

Is there no way to dismantle ships? They’re frequent targets for nearby mobs, so it would be nice to “put it away” when not in use. I could build a dock I suppose, but it seems like I’d never one for every island I’d visit, which could get tedious.

I guess another option is to leave it out in the water far enough that mobs could only swim to it but not attack it. Can ships float away due to wind/tide, or will they stay in the same place when you exit them?

I suspect they will float away. Also, i just watched a storm turn my beached ship over and smash it against the rocks until it was destroyed so…that can happen.

This game continues to impress.

My wife and I both purchased and installed it last night (surprisingly quick download!), but unfortunately for me, I was getting 10 fps while hers was just fine. Her computer is slightly newer, but we both have 1070 gtx cards so something is up with mine, I believe. We had the same resolution and features turned on. I will have to do a little research today.

I was hosting a world we were both playing in, though, so perhaps that is enough of a hit that it caused it.

Looks like its going places!

I’m up to seven pigs in my little farm now. Enough that I’m starting to draw out the airlocking system I’ll use to separate one pig from the group and… invite them into the kitchen.

HOW! I lured one into an enclosure I’d made, but it just kept attacking me :-) I even dropped 50 mushrooms!

It takes mushrooms and time. A few game days at least. There’s a percent that slowly goes up.

eh? what percent? Where? And how? :-D

It shown when you get real close to the boar. Too close. It shows a status as well. I don’t think tameness rises if they are frightened so make sure there’s no fire nearby and try not to bug them much.

It took my first boar about four days to turn friendly, by just keeping her fed - mushrooms, raspberries and blueberries.

If you jump in the pen and hold up a torch they will go through their attack animation but then stop right at your feet, at which point you can hover over them and see the tameness percentage.

I only checked once because the fire does frighten them and each time after three days they were at about 80%

Once they’re tame you can pet them with the E key.

Turn off SSAO

Thank you. I will try it out when I get home. It also sounds like forcing full screen may help too.

Is the game fun if played solo? The game looks pretty good and I’m thinking of buying it but I don’t want to play mutiplayer. .

I play solo and I’d say it might be the best solo experience you can get from any ‘craft 'em up’ except the story heavy Subnautica and The Forest (and maybe Green Hell).
Reasons: resource gathering is very reasonable, pvp isn’t (an important) part of the game, the co-op is limited to 10 players anyways so there isn’t that much of a MMO you could miss and there is a clear focus: beat some bosses and win(?).

Its very fun Solo! But then again, I LOVE Conan solo as well. This is slightly more dangerous, actually, but still really chill if you want :-)

Is there a way to reliably get tree seeds? It seems like they drop very rarely. I’ve only tried planting a tree once, but it didn’t give me any seeds. Unless there’s a repeatable way to get more, I’m not sure that there’s much point of having tree planting in the game. For carrots, at least there’s a way to turn it into 3 carrot seeds.

I suspect the bosses will be tough to solo though. I’ve only done two, but that second would still be doable, if maybe a little tedious…

I don’t think there’s a way, but I just planted a dozen pine in my backyard for quick harvest. That’s a lot of core wood immediately available for little effort. And of course, you can plant them to hopefully cascade-fell them. So, even though you cant assembly-line seeds, it’s still worth it for me…