Walking Dead on AMC

Poor Eugene…finally realizing he will never be “re-zoned into Lovetown” with Rosita lol.

Yep, one of the writers actually wrote that. I mean, yeah, Eugene talks funny, but ugh. I sometimes get the sense the writers have never heard actual conversations between people.

So, here we are, watching Walking Dead.

-Tom

Well to be fair I thought that was the point with Eugene although yes it can be overdone. Haha I remember when he tried to ask her to participate in the inter-community RPG tournament.

Yep we’re still watching…

True enough, but I still feel that way about most of the dialogue. There was a scene in last week’s episode where one of the new characters was getting set up with Random Chick We’ve Never Seen Before, presumably in case he sticks around long enough to get an Obligatory Love Interest. Everyone with more than a dozen lines needs an Obligatory Love Interest. But their dialogue had to explain that they were flirting with the following exchange:

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Yes.”

Yeesh, if you have to explain it…

-Tom

This thread has now become more interesting than the show itself.

I haven’t watched the series, but WTF? How does that work?

It’s as goofy as it sounds. Last week, some of the characters had conversations while they were walking along in a zombie herd pretending to be zombies. They talked all quiet and groany-like to trick the zombies into not knowing they were actually human.

-Tom

I can’t believe anyone is still watching this show. I checked out after Glenn’s ridiculous, impossible survival under the dumpster only to have him gruesomely murdered a couple of episodes after his reappearance.

I gave up shortly after Carl’s drawn out demise during which I kept thinking “Dude, just die already.”

Still watching.

The Whisperers have to be the most ridiculous antagonists yet on the show. There is no way Alpha and Beta wouldn’t have been killed by their own people after 7 years of living that way. Even the threat of the “horde” they supposedly control (how do a couple dozen people move 10,000 walkers?) falls flat because in SEVEN YEARS you’d think Alexandria and friends would have had to handle a horde or two and would have plans in place to do so. The whole “territory” thing, and the migration south for winter…it’s all just so pointless and ridiculous. Also, it’s like Negan taught them nothing…it’s so damn obvious that if you kill Alpha and Beta, the Whisperers will fold like a lawn chair with the removal of their control by fear.

It takes a long time to build a proper horde.

I own the book series, so I can’t stop watching. But, wow, it is getting very difficult to continue watching. Who writes Eugene’s dialog FFS! I hated the Michonne and governor’s show portrayal, but the way they’re doing whisperers is just crazy! Too much “why not just kill her?” screaming at the TV. I don’t know how much more I can take.

The more I think about this, the more I believe the concept could be awesome in the right hands! I’ve tried watching the show a few times, but it has NOT gotten its hooks into me.

Can the rest of the show just be Carol and Daryl throwing acorns at beer cans?

-Tom

Hope the season is great so far, I’ve been recording them for a binge watch when I have time.

So anyone watch all of season 10, was it decent? I have them all recorded, but I am not feeling the need to watch it yet. :|

I gave up after watching some of them stumble around in a cave, and then Alpha showed up on a ledge overlooking them, and Carol screamed at her or some dumb thing, and at that point I realized I just don’t care anymore. But I’m sad there aren’t folks in this thread keeping me up to date on what’s happening.

-Tom

I mean, I’m not the harshest critic ever, but I thought it was pretty good. The last few episodes did some stuff I really liked.

Well, do tell! Don’t leave everyone (i.e. me) hanging! :)

-Tom

Haha well okay then…

Two of the newer characters – I don’t remember their names – wound up stuck in the cave from a cave-in, but the rest of them made it out.

Alpha led the horde against Hilltop, everyone had to bail. I don’t recall anyone major dying.

Ezekiel’s cancer is getting worse, but he still made it to the end of the season.

Michonne had a very weird drug-trippy episode where she met some people who found some of Rick’s stuff and decides to leave on a boat to look for him, which I believe was her final episode.

And the stuff I particularly enjoyed…

Negan was let go and joined up with the Whisperers for a while. Over the course of several episodes, he demonstrates his loyalty to them. Eventually, he leads Alpha off on their own and kills her and takes her head back to Carol, who apparently was the who released him in the first place, specifically to kill her.

We end the season with Negan and Daryl kind of off on their own for a while – which led to some good moments, including one where several Whisperers find them, bow to Negan, give him their shotgun at his request, and he kills them so he and Daryl can escape. They eventually get back to Alexandria.

Judith is wonderful.

Eugene and Ezekiel and Kumiko are going to meet up with a girl that Eugene has been talking to via radio for a while, and run into the super-crazy and really fun Princess, and eventually (after a bit of a wild goose chase that they forgive her for) they ask her to join them.

Aside from the death of Alpha there wasn’t a lot of HUGE stuff this season, but I liked some of the character stuff, especially with Daryl and Judith. I hang with the show because I’m invested in the characters and want to see how their journey finishes, and I’m still enjoying the characters even when the story wavers.

I’m sure I skipped a lot of stuff, but that was what (mostly) worked for me.